AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Reply
RE: Texas Punishes Violators for failure to note ID caps on plat/description

RADAR, post: 345188, member: 413 wrote: I like to set my caps; so that you read them, standing on the south side, looking north. I told that to my bud...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas Punishes Violators for failure to note ID caps on plat/description

Hey Shawn, did you receive any clarification from the board yet?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Half-Mile Confusion on the ALTA Survey

Shawn Billings, post: 344365, member: 6521 wrote: Plunger coupling...I didn't expect you to get personal. o.OLol. Must be a West Texas thing. That's t...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Half-Mile Confusion on the ALTA Survey

Shawn Billings, post: 344348, member: 6521 wrote: I've thought about that too, RJ. We say "iron rod" when referring to steel rebar, but it is less pre...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Section Line Roads 2, Oklahoma

This hangs on my office wall from the OSLS:

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas Punishes Violators for failure to note ID caps on plat/description

I believe that Mark Neugebauer has already filled Bill O'Hara's position as Chief Surveyor. The recent opening of Surveyor II requires an LSLS license...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas Punishes Violators for failure to note ID caps on plat/description

I was actually at this board meeting and the minutes are a fraction of the words spoken at a board meeting. I've also noticed several typographical er...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Cat-claw Stake

Why the heck are they making stakes out of it? Well, never mind. Scarcity and necessity I suppose. Apparently it grows in the vicinity because in addi...

11 years ago
Topic
11 years ago
Replies: 8
Views: 1022
Reply
RE: Red River and the BLM again

Davey Edwards has a lot to say about this issue. He has a facebook page which I snipped this from: Texas uses over 1,200 miles of river for an interna...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: 4.080 acre Parcel with 28 Sides - Personal Record

My goal is to have a property description that describes what is shown on the plat. Almost all the information expressed on the plat is written into t...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: 4.080 acre Parcel with 28 Sides - Personal Record

So, the highway ROW was also in varas or you converted from feet to be consistent with the patent note? I assume the client didn't care about the unit...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: 4.080 acre Parcel with 28 Sides - Personal Record

Kent, what was behind the decision to retain varas? (Oh, wait... Did you already answer that? Let me go reread the entire post real quick. LOL.)

11 years ago
Reply
RE: 4.080 acre Parcel with 28 Sides - Personal Record

Kent McMillan, post: 340093, member: 3 wrote: Fences are always a problem because fence posts make substandard boundary monuments and you end up havin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: 4.080 acre Parcel with 28 Sides - Personal Record

I am familiar with your description style. It begs the question, how many pages does that equate too?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: TSPS DALLAS

arctan(x), post: 339954, member: 6795 wrote: I am heading that way in an hour. I can't believe they scheduled it on Texas vs. OU weekend! Traffic and ...

11 years ago
Reply
11 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas GLO Website Update

FWIW, the GIS MAP is working now. It seems to have been updated slightly too. AN

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas General Land Office website is FUBAR

Kent, use Map Store under History to search the map collections. Archive Map Store I'm happy to see that some of the McCombs maps that I'd looked at b...

11 years ago
Page 40 / 102