AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Reply
RE: Oklahoma PDH

I asked the board and they pointed out that since this is my first full 2 year renewal, I am exempt from the PDH requirements. That doesn't answer the...

8 years ago
Topic
8 years ago
Replies: 6
Views: 1219
Reply
RE: How dumb are you

Avalanche of replies saying it's unethical to swap surveying services for part of the land in 3...2...1... Followed by avalanche of replies saying oth...

8 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: so anybody else think?

We do uav photogrammetry and occasionally rent a lidar unit for some projects. We're working with Hilti to develop an onboard magnetic locator and a p...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Language again

Would you get a reaction between the stainless and the rebar? Dissimilar metals? I just talked to Bathey and Curt (or Kirk) said they use 304 Stainles...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Point file import format P,Y,X,Z,D,N,N,N,N,N not working

Winner, winner! Chicken dinner! That's the button I was looking for. I was just looking in the wrong dialog boxes. Thank you!

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Point file import format P,Y,X,Z,D,N,N,N,N,N not working

Actually, my format is?ÿP,Y,X,Z,D,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N We collect a lot of metadata which goes into a very robust GIS for our client. I don't think the...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: PLS position in NW Montana

Yeah, but did you see the salary range?

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Cursive writing & Land Surveyors

I was missing a field note description for a survey adjoining my subject tract so I called the repository to have it read to me. The young lady who an...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: CAD file of texas abstract lines? anyone?

What county? I only have the files for counties I am working in.?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Lifehack for surveyor

Have you tried a lumber crayon? Grease pencil? Paint pen?

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Time for plan B-

Ballast regulator or perhaps an undercutter (although the concrete base is still there).?ÿ <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtub...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Where to Begin

I don't know any of my colleagues who perform tick surveys. Perhaps you need an entomologist? What state are you in?

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Colonial Land Surveying

Not exactly accurate statement. Some Texas surveyors had the training and understanding of lines of constant bearing and would employ those practices ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: One thing I do like about computer testing

When I applied to take the Colorado Exam, I was looking forward to a couple days vacation in Denver to go sit for the test. Little did I know that I w...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: UTM Question

Anytime I see GPS derived coordinates out to 4 decimal places, it starts the alarm bells ringing. I've got some coordinates on other points that this ...

8 years ago
Topic
8 years ago
Replies: 12
Views: 757
Reply
RE: weird symbology on DMA 100K topo map

I think it might be slide protection for the railroad below. Dam the soil, not water.

8 years ago
Page 11 / 102