AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Reply
RE: Okie Legals

Well, I compromised. Hopefully she'll be happy.

8 years ago
Topic
8 years ago
Replies: 45
Views: 2212
Reply
RE: Construction and transportation surveying opportunities in Texas

Cost of living is probably higher, not sure what paygrade you're at but there is good money in surveying here ?ÿ(The salary survey referenced is from ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Oklahoma PLSS Corner Records

OK, It looks like I was wrong about HubTack. They did have the records. I'm relatively new at using it and this time, the right-of-way I'm working on ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Oklahoma PLSS Corner Records

Well, I checked with the DOL because my crew hadn't found the township corner, it's on a parallel with closing corners offset 1280 feet and I'd rather...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Oklahoma PLSS Corner Records

Of the records I received, two are dated 7/29/2011 and one is dated 8/27/1981

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Oklahoma PLSS Corner Records

Accounting found the files in their spam folder. The library had records for both corners that HubTack did not have. Lessons learned.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Oklahoma PLSS Corner Records

So I asked the same questions to the Department of Libraries inquiry form on their website and received a reply that they do charge $0.25 per record, ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Oklahoma PLSS Corner Records

So, what's the story with ordering corner records from the Department of libraries? I know there is a $5 filing fee, but is there a fee for copies? An...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Cha cha changes

I keep Grammar Kitten on my web directory just for such an occasion.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: 2018 Thanksgiving Greetings

FWIW, I've got two 14 lb turkeys brining right now. We're doing lunch meal at 1:00p this year so the frying will commence around 11:30 tomorrow mornin...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 15
Views: 812
Reply
RE: Does Civil 3D provide value to the typical surveyor?

Carlson has always had superior customer support. When I worked with Tim Jackson at Carter & Burgess in Dallas in 1997, we bought several seats an...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Cross Country ROW

I think one of the bids was 90 days and the other was closer to 120. I know the client wants to spend as little as possible, but if I was awarding the...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1128
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 444
Reply
RE: Brook, stream or river?

Being from West Texas, I can't think if any watercourses that were flowing year round except for the Pecos, which is largely a muddy ditch filled with...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Hi from Texas. I am no surveyor.

FWIW, She reposted on the "Ask A Surveyor" section on the homepage.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: How or why did you become a surveyor?

As I recall, Colonel Hendrix left teaching in 1986 and has been surveying the great boundary in the sky since 2010 when he passed at 93.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Morning

Andy J, what is your go-to GPS setup these days?

8 years ago
Page 10 / 102