AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Bruner
Andy Bruner
@andy-bruner
Free
Joined: January 24, 2011 9:42 am
Last seen: August 3, 2026 2:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 2567
Reply
RE: Best Book(s) for Construction and Land surveying terms, definitions, descriptions??

I have a copy somewhere (we just moved a few months ago) of "Construction Dictionary". I believe it was published by "Women in Construction". It had...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: over-marking of survey points (again)

Peter Ehlert, post: 363990, member: 60 wrote: back in the early 70's we ran a random traverse out in the woods, it was a lot split job, probably all h...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Hydro Survey Education

Thanks for posting. What you are doing (and teaching) is so far different from what I did in my career that it is almost another profession. That's ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Regulators

Several years ago we had designed a highway widening/realignment for a local government. We had the "normal" number of comments by Georgia DOT and th...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Maladies afflicting Surveyors

Arthritis and bone spurs in my right shoulder from too many years toting a tripod. Melanoma on my face from not wearing a hat in the sun when I was y...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Writing with the help of friends...

Years ago, when my wife was in graduate school, I did all her "typing". Neither of us had taken typing in school and my use of a computer at work had...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring, ring

We often had to "re-set" front corners either destroyed or covered during construction of water lines. During surveying for the engineering of the li...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Helping Another Surveyor

I've given control data many times - with a caveat. If you find anything you don't agree with, I'm the first call you make. Only happened a couple o...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Helping Another Surveyor

It sounds like a completely different type of situation but I have asked a LOT of surveyors in Georgia for unrecorded survey information. We did most...

11 years ago
Page 87 / 139