AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Bruner
Andy Bruner
@andy-bruner
Free
Joined: January 24, 2011 9:42 am
Last seen: August 3, 2026 2:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 2567
Reply
RE: Fess up if you have done something similar

50+ years ago we surveyed the wrong lot in a subdivision. Not by mistake though. I was a young instrument man and just followed orders of the crew c...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Don’t you just love fence company’s!!!

45 or so years ago we had just bought our first home. The lot behind ours was "offset" a little, meaning our corner was on his line but not his corne...

6 months ago
Topic
6 months ago
Replies: 5
Views: 1790
Reply
RE: Wood Hubs as control points

@geoff-ashworth The only way I've been successful in getting rid of it is to cut it off at the ground and give it a good soaking with Roundup or the e...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Wood Hubs as control points

We used 60d nails for control points on sanitary sewer route surveys. In general, if undisturbed, they would last for many years in out acidic soil h...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: I never expected to ever see this happen

I reviewed a bunch of easement sketches for sanitary sewer easements. I would pull them up on the computer, read them, and click on the polylines to ...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Summer learnings

I am a melanoma survivor. God must have something left for me to do. A few years ago I jumped off a headwall to get the invert and hyperextended my ...

9 months ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 1594
Reply
RE: Drafting...

12. All angular directions shall be represented in degrees, minutes, and seconds. All angular directions shall be referenced to the meridian of ...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Cleaning up

@holy-cow, I never intended to become an engineer. After getting my LS, I went to work for an engineering firm computing road alignments and rights o...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Cleaning up

Holy Cow, thankfully I didn't have many courses that required us to memorize formulae. We could look up the formula, we just had to know which formul...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Cleaning up

Keith, you were a few years behind me at Southern Tech. Like Holy Cow, I started with a slide rule. Even though the HP35's were out, weren't allowed...

10 months ago
Topic
10 months ago
Replies: 22
Views: 2518
Reply
RE: Storm

And I'm thinking of moving to Florida because it gets too cold in Georgia to suit me.  

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Parcel info removed

Stacy, I was not aware that Georgia has that law now. I can certainly understand the reasoning, but just wasn't aware. If possible (not always possi...

1 year ago
Page 1 / 139