AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Bruner
Andy Bruner
@andy-bruner
Free
Joined: January 24, 2011 9:42 am
Last seen: August 3, 2026 2:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 2567
Reply
RE: US Navy teaching GPS alternatives

Where does one find an ephemeris today? We used to get them for free at the local surveyor's supply store, but that was YEARS ago. Andy

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Continuing Education Credits

In Georgia it's 30 hours every two year renewal period. For those of us with both LS and PE we still need 30. 10 in LS, 10 in PE and the other 10 in...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: If you could tell a newbie one thing...what would it be?

The FIRST thing I'd tell him (her) is that when the crew chief sends you back for the truck is to get the keys before you leave. Personal experience....

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Electrons Are Freezing, Or Something Like That

Robert Hill, sometimes Colonial State surveying CAN be an art. A jigsaw puzzle with pieces missing or that just plain don't fit. I worked with a fel...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Statement by designer explains a lot...

Steve, when is that to start. I'm working northwest of town (nearly to Jasper) for a while and I want to be long gone before that starts. Andy

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Angry Client and Irrefutable evidence

I have used off duty police, not so much for traffic control as for awareness. Blue lights tend to get the attention of folks better than a few cones...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: R.I.P. Dave Gibson

While I never met the man myself he was held in high esteem by people whom he taught and otherwise influenced. I hate to hear of his passing. Andy

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Angry Client and Irrefutable evidence

One of my first jobs after licensure I had found almost all the monuments on a large parcel. After calculating the location of the missing monument I...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Whatcha doin', Mister?

Several years ago I read an interview with Sam Walton. I don't remember a whole lot of the interview but I do remember one question. "Mr. Walton, wi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: And now a moment of unbridled snobbery

Plats/plans - 1 layer but 37 different line types/colors OR 82 layers all using the same colors/linetypes ARRRGHHHH !!!!We had a fellow who was a ver...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: A Surveying Memory

Not a full meal but we had an older fellow for whom we were surveying that brought us an ice cold Coca Cola every afternoon. In the Georgia summertim...

11 years ago
Page 88 / 139