AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Bruner
Andy Bruner
@andy-bruner
Free
Joined: January 24, 2011 9:42 am
Last seen: August 3, 2026 2:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 2567
Reply
RE: glutton for punishment

And we've got a vacation planned for Jekyll Island starting on Sunday. Maybe she'll be moved off by then. Surf will probably be rough though.Andy

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Gee..guess i messed up..

I had a client one time that was, in general, a good client. BUT when we were staking a condo complex for him he stayed and watched us almost daily. ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Example of why I am not overly fond of writing

I agreeI guess it must be a regional thing but for almost every boundary survey I have done the attorneys have asked for a legal description. I have ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Kern DKM1 - Lots of Pictures

Those "fourth leg" tripods were fine for setting up over a point in the ground, but setting up over a right of way monument was a REAL pain. The DKM2...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm an antique

Somewherein some old boxes are the following items I have used and collected over the years.A Lietz optical range finder.Locke levels.A Wild clinomete...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Explaining to the Client why 475' is really 450'

It's a whole lot easierto explain when there is more than expected. I did a survey for a fellow who had bought "40 acres more or less" that had not b...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: HazMat Certification for Surveying

The course I took (HAZWOPER) was a FULL 40 hours. More if you have to be fitted for a respirator. There are several trainers available, and I believ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Pallamary and Weber County

"Even a FOOT or TWO can cause headaches"? Well YEAH. I'm glad that they are at least trying to preserve the monuments.Andy

14 years ago
Reply
RE: North Carolina boys

RFBI heard one "Old Timer" say that was Iron Pin Promised.Andy

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Fun with right-of-way plans

DanI've been there and done that. One State Route here in Cobb County I found deeds (from 1937) calling for 40 feet from centerline (station to stati...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Olympics

Estimating difference in elevation.Estimating distance by sight.Estimate distance by pacing.Fastest setup of tripod with tribrach.Estimating bearing.E...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Update on Kingston "Ground Truthing"

At first glanceI thought it was saw grass. But there is NO WAY you'd be wading through saw grass with bare arms. That stuff will cut you to shreds i...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Machete Safety learned the hard way

Amen TrentI always wanted 3 feet of wood between me and the blade. I never allowed machetes in the trucks, bush axes only. Ask Bobby Shupe about mac...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Pipeline As-Built Survey - Post Construction

Do youhave to provide vertical also? If so be sure to buld in enough to probe and/or post hole to get the depths. I agree with the others about usin...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Advocacy

Advocate ONLYWhen there is enough doubt or lack of evidence to locate a property line in it's "true" location. I have, in the past, come across situa...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips for Drying a Wet Tribrach?

While I don't necessarily recommend it - a friend had a T2 get completely soaked and fog up. He put it in the oven on as low a temperature as it woul...

14 years ago
Page 121 / 139