Trimble Business Center — Produce final deliverables in one workspace. Start free trial.

AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

HP 510 Plotter

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
962 Views
Lugeyser
(@lugeyser)
Posts: 185
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

My HP 510 24" is cutting off the border. I am using 24" paper and trying to print 18x24" maps in a landscape type of orientation.

I'm trying to use "all the paper". My border margins are all at least .5" so I feel like it should print that, my hp500 did as does my hp2300.

Hopefully one of you gurus can help me!


 
Posted : May 27, 2015 6:51 am
james-vianna
(@james-vianna)
Posts: 696
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

> My HP 510 24" is cutting off the border. I am using 24" paper and trying to print 18x24" maps in a landscape type of orientation.
>
> I'm trying to use "all the paper". My border margins are all at least .5" so I feel like it should print that, my hp500 did as does my hp2300.
>
> Hopefully one of you gurus can help me!

My 450C use to do that when the belt needed to be replaced, your mileage may vary.
Jim


 
Posted : May 27, 2015 10:37 am
rfc
 rfc
(@rfc)
Posts: 1966
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

> My HP 510 24" is cutting off the border. I am using 24" paper and trying to print 18x24" maps in a landscape type of orientation.
>
> I'm trying to use "all the paper". My border margins are all at least .5" so I feel like it should print that, my hp500 did as does my hp2300.
>
> Hopefully one of you gurus can help me!

At risk of pointing out the obvious...
Have you gone into the "Page Setup" or "Print Setup" dialog and made sure your margins are reduced to the minimum allowed by the printer driver?

Also, it couldn't hurt to go on HP's web site and make sure you have the most recent driver available for that machine and your OS.


 
Posted : May 27, 2015 11:01 am
cee-gee
(@cee-gee)
Posts: 482
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Which border?


 
Posted : May 27, 2015 11:25 am
Lugeyser
(@lugeyser)
Posts: 185
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I'm not sure how to check to see that my margins are the minimum required by the driver but I suspect this is my issue. I have been in printer preferences looking for it on my windows 7 pc, but can't seem to find that particular one.

I doubt it's the belt.

The border is the one that is around my plat information. I have a 2" border at the top and all others are 0.5"


 
Posted : May 27, 2015 1:22 pm

rfc
 rfc
(@rfc)
Posts: 1966
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

> I'm not sure how to check to see that my margins are the minimum required by the driver but I suspect this is my issue. I have been in printer preferences looking for it on my windows 7 pc, but can't seem to find that particular one.
>
> I doubt it's the belt.
>
> The border is the one that is around my plat information. I have a 2" border at the top and all others are 0.5"

Most HP drivers have another option called "print entire image", rather than "use entire sheet" or whatever.
When you say a "2" border, is the border of the drawing getting cut off, or is it just too far from the edge of the paper, but the drawing with border is there in its entirety? How about a photo?


 
Posted : May 27, 2015 2:00 pm