AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
james-vianna
james-vianna
@james-vianna
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 6:21 am
Last seen: October 2, 2026 5:18 pm
Topics: 44 / Replies: 652
Reply
RE: Survey Proposal Quandary

They sent your proposal that you were kind enough to do all the research on and determine a scope of work for the client to your competition who under...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Florida will let your crew sit for the exam if you sign a letter. Would you?

Are you guys saying that someone can take the test with no experience/education and stamp surveys upon passing the exam?

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Where were you surveying 25 years ago 9/11?

@john-hamilton Wow, thank god you left a day earlier, to close for comfort. Many similar stories like that of people that were suppose to be at wor...

3 weeks ago
Topic
Replies: 18
Views: 7214
Reply
RE: North Arrow of the Day

In reading this old post I came across this gem from Kent "cartographic graffiti" he shure had a way with words lol

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Thence south 00 degrees 38 minutes 52 seconds east, 1284.36 feet along a fence

@bill93 Yes Bill you are correct in a technical verbage way but are making an assumption that the scrivner of the 1800 era deed is as a well versed...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Thence south 00 degrees 38 minutes 52 seconds east, 1284.36 feet along a fence

I'll bite, Saying Along implies the fence controls which is fine and the tie is just for reference. If im going straight line derived from a linea...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Range Line?

Never seen it done that way but easy for the homeowner to find his line. Need rt. angles to the setback line for compliance though

2 months ago
Reply
RE: When the machete is not enough

I have two different cordless 4" chainsaws very usefull opening a hole for GPS

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Easement Question

I had a water line like this once where I rented an electric tracer. Hooked it on to the one end I could find off site then traced it for something li...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: GPS jamming

Better keep your EDM's and knowledge of use up to snuff lol

4 months ago
Topic
4 months ago
Replies: 5
Views: 5230
Reply
RE: Replacing aging Geodimeter 600 Pro — will Trimble 5603 DR200 pair with SMI 48GX?

Why give up the geodimeter I'm running two now. Send it out to Jason ellerbush. He has done a great job for me for over 20 years.  

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Anyone ever use this GNSS?

Have been for 4 years. Purchased the new rs4 this January and it is a game changer from the rs2 A fraction of the cost of the big guys and just as ...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Using AI in your survey workflow

It may be just how my brain works but after 40 years surveying, using AI probably would not allow me to examine the very minute subtlies that sometime...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Sometimes all you can do is shake your head and wonder.

I'm working on one now where my parcel was surveyed in 1978 and the adjoiner had a survey done last year. In 1978, the surveyor set rods along the c...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Flagging corners

@williwaw Try the 4mil artic flagging works well down to zero

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

If I saw a description that had bearings in it to the seconds and one call of "east" only, I would be highly suspicious of it actually being measured ...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

I seem to recall the brilliant minds at NASA crashed a prob into mars because of this costing millions of tax payers dollars

9 months ago
Page 1 / 35