AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
cee-gee
cee-gee
@cee-gee
Free
Joined: July 27, 2010 2:04 pm
Last seen: September 18, 2026 1:06 pm
Topics: 39 / Replies: 443
Topic
8 months ago
Replies: 0
Views: 2354
Topic
Reply
RE: Client Doesn't Like Result of Survey, Withholds Payment, Threatens Complaints

Sounds like you handled the survey itself well and professionally. As to handling this difficult client, I think most of us have met her ilk. Your Sta...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Quotation

Mulford needed a better editor. Surely where he used the phrase "more important" he meant "more preferable." I like what I used to tell my associates:...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trust but verify

@peter-lothian My first thought as well. This is a good example of why title insurance is not the waste of money that some say it is. Their argument i...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Amusing Phonecall

A common variation on this theme is "I called another surveyor and he said it would be about a hundred bucks." I ask what his name was, they can't rem...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Peer reactions to a phone call

Something about our line of work has always attracted hard-headed egotists unwilling to admit any imperfection whatsoever. One of our peers around her...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Questions after a survey disagreement

Here's the whole plan. As a Maine licensee I note that it does not state specifically whether it's oriented to True or Mag. or anything else. Mag was ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Low Cost Beneficial Surveying Tools

An old-fashioned plumbing wrench (the longest one you can find) will inexpensively pull pins (i.e. the occasional screwup); screw the teeth down on th...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Old-School Surveying

@stacy-carroll I've still got the circa 1966 K & E transit my dad's earthmoving company used back in the day, very similar to what you describe he...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Record Your Survey Map

@dms330 No requirement to record in my state (Maine) unless it's a subdivision, but I always advise my clients to do so (or have me do so) adding that...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't play attorney

@mightymoe I use abutter names only to identify the abutting parcel, which after all is and has the weight of a monument. I leave out anything that's ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Taking the NCEES PLS exam next week

@lunarfaze No shame in failing. Most of the licensees I know admit to failing it on their first try.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic North

Years ago I was part of a crew that got called in to help a contractor find "true South" for a fancy solar water heating unit he was installing. He wa...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic North

@postaldelays "In early court trials,... the courts usually chose direction as determined by the compass." --Brown, et. al. "Boundary Control and Le...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Revocation of License or Board Discipline

Our Board here in Maine has disciplined a number of licensees.The two most common reasons seem to be 1). failure to provide client with a written conf...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: What are the top 5 things a Survey Party Chief needs to know...

Finding stuff is more important than measuring stuff.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction vs. Boundary

My state(Maine)'s board standards say:"A licensee shall undertake assignments only when qualified by education or experience in the specific technical...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 1080
Reply
RE: Movies about surveyors or surveys?

Here's an exchange from "Johnny Guitar" (1954) Joan Crawford played Vienna: Mr. Andrews : [Dining privately with Vienna in her upstairs room] Tell me...

6 years ago
Page 1 / 25