Trimble Business Center — Produce final deliverables in one workspace. Start free trial.

AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

carlson 2015 window size

20 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
1,071 Views
foggyidea
(@foggyidea)
Posts: 3462
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Carlson has decided to open with a reduced window size. I have always used it in full screen mode, but when I reduce it to the tack bar and then re-open it, it opens with a very small window.

Am I missing some setting that tells it to open in tiny mode instead of full screen?


 
Posted : August 11, 2015 1:04 pm
Steven Meadows
(@steven-meadows)
Posts: 151
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

It happens in Autocad 2015 C3D and 2016 C3D as well. Carlson Survey 2016 does the same thing. Windows 10 doesn't help either.


 
Posted : August 11, 2015 3:00 pm
cptdent
(@cptdent)
Posts: 2082
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

SWAG.....right click on the Carlson Desktop shortcut icon. Select shortcut tab. Properties. Select run maximized.


 
Posted : August 11, 2015 6:57 pm
ladd-nelson
(@ladd-nelson)
Posts: 738
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

foggyidea, post: 331353, member: 155 wrote: Carlson has decided to open with a reduced window size. I have always used it in full screen mode, but when I reduce it to the tack bar and then re-open it, it opens with a very small window.

Am I missing some setting that tells it to open in tiny mode instead of full screen?

You might try sizing/maximizing the CAD view and then gracefully exit via File -- Exit (as opposed to the "X" button action) and save changes to your drawing. This should commit the size/position of the application into the Windows Registry for the subsequent re-use of the application.


 
Posted : August 11, 2015 9:53 pm
paden-cash
(@paden-cash)
Posts: 11086
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Funny you should mention it, my MicroStation started doing that about two or three months ago. Makes me think it's one of those little OS gremlins that 'snuck' in during an update.


 
Posted : August 11, 2015 9:58 pm

foggyidea
(@foggyidea)
Posts: 3462
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Ladd Nelson, post: 331435, member: 307 wrote: You might try sizing/maximizing the CAD view and then gracefully exit via File -- Exit (as opposed to the "X" button action) and save changes to your drawing. This should commit the size/position of the application into the Windows Registry for the subsequent re-use of the application.

I am not exiting the drawing, just minimizing it down to the task bar when I need to use that screen.,and then when I re-maximize it the screen only opens up about 3"x5" even though I minimized down from a full size screen.


 
Posted : August 12, 2015 8:02 am
ladd-nelson
(@ladd-nelson)
Posts: 738
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

foggyidea, post: 331478, member: 155 wrote: I am not exiting the drawing, just minimizing it down to the task bar when I need to use that screen.,and then when I re-maximize it the screen only opens up about 3"x5" even though I minimized down from a full size screen.

The application should restore to its previous size/position but I believe the size/position only gets stored into the Windows Registry (Registry permissions permitting) when the application is exited. I'm fairly certain this is true for any Windows application.

As a quick test, I'd have the application open and at the full-screen size and then issue File -- Exit (saving any changes to the active drawing). I'd also reboot the computer to make sure there aren't any stray CAD processes running that might be causing a conflict. I'd then restart the application and see if the minimize/restore issue has been corrected.


 
Posted : August 12, 2015 9:52 am
Randy Rain
(@randy-rain)
Posts: 462
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Ladd Nelson, post: 331498, member: 307 wrote: The application should restore to its previous size/position but I believe the size/position only gets stored into the Windows Registry (Registry permissions permitting) when the application is exited. I'm fairly certain this is true for any Windows application.

As a quick test, I'd have the application open and at the full-screen size and then issue File -- Exit (saving any changes to the active drawing). I'd also reboot the computer to make sure there aren't any stray CAD processes running that might be causing a conflict. I'd then restart the application and see if the minimize/restore issue has been corrected.

That fixed mine, Thanks Ladd


 
Posted : August 13, 2015 8:47 am
foggyidea
(@foggyidea)
Posts: 3462
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

OKexit>reboot> re-open and it still does not reopen full size, even though it is full size when I minimize the drawing.

I am sure that it's some conflict in the system somewhere if windows is sizing the window.


 
Posted : August 17, 2015 11:30 am
Randy Rain
(@randy-rain)
Posts: 462
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

foggyidea, post: 332216, member: 155 wrote: OKexit>reboot> re-open and it still does not reopen full size, even though it is full size when I minimize the drawing.

I am sure that it's some conflict in the system somewhere if windows is sizing the window.

Don;

Set the taskbar system variable to 0 this will fix it. Now you won't get the "floating" drawing selections when you have multiple drawings open and you hover over the acad icon on the task bar (just use alt tab to switch instead).

found it here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-will-not-restore-maximized-from-the-taskbar.html


 
Posted : August 19, 2015 10:04 am

foggyidea
(@foggyidea)
Posts: 3462
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I can't find where the taskbar settings are locate. Taskbar at the command line does nothing and it's not listed in the Carlson help page?


 
Posted : August 19, 2015 10:30 am
Randy Rain
(@randy-rain)
Posts: 462
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

foggyidea, post: 332541, member: 155 wrote: I can't find where the taskbar settings are locate. Taskbar at the command line does nothing and it's not listed in the Carlson help page?

Sorry Don, that fixed the problem for me in civil 3d but must not be an available sysvar in the oem version of autocad inside of carlson. 🙁


 
Posted : August 19, 2015 10:43 am
Randy Rain
(@randy-rain)
Posts: 462
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

foggyidea, post: 332541, member: 155 wrote: I can't find where the taskbar settings are locate. Taskbar at the command line does nothing and it's not listed in the Carlson help page?

OK how about _taskbar at the command line that should be available in the OEM version.

Happy Sailing


 
Posted : August 19, 2015 10:48 am
foggyidea
(@foggyidea)
Posts: 3462
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Nope, nothing with _taskbar either..............

I'd rather be sailing 🙂


 
Posted : August 19, 2015 10:53 am
Randy Rain
(@randy-rain)
Posts: 462
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Don;

It looks like the taskbar sysvar has not been implemented in Carlson's installation of the autocad OEM engine even though it is available in the OEM package. Perhaps Ladd can shed some light on this. I would think that perhaps Carlson could provide a patch that exposes that sysvar to their users without too much trouble but then I'm not a programmer or anything approaching it.

Randy


 
Posted : August 19, 2015 11:38 am

foggyidea
(@foggyidea)
Posts: 3462
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Thanks your help, Randy!


 
Posted : August 19, 2015 12:50 pm
ladd-nelson
(@ladd-nelson)
Posts: 738
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Randy Rain, post: 332554, member: 35 wrote: Don;

It looks like the taskbar sysvar has not been implemented in Carlson's installation of the autocad OEM engine even though it is available in the OEM package. Perhaps Ladd can shed some light on this. I would think that perhaps Carlson could provide a patch that exposes that sysvar to their users without too much trouble but then I'm not a programmer or anything approaching it.

Randy

I can't give any specifics or reasoning about why this particular variable is not exposed but I did search my computer Registry and see a http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-show-all-open-AutoCAD-drawings-on-the-Windows-taskbar.html&apos ;">TASKBAR variable listed for my 2015 Survey OEM product at:

[INDENT=1]HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareCarlson SoftwareCarlson SurveyR2015SURV-B001:409FixedProfileGeneral[/INDENT]

While I can't officially recommend the procedure, it would seem possible that modifying the variable at this location in the Registry might solve the described problem. It is important to stress that incorrect modifications to the Registry of a computer can have very serious consequences and this approach should only be performed with proper back-ups in place.


 
Posted : August 20, 2015 6:07 pm
Randy Rain
(@randy-rain)
Posts: 462
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Don,

I am happy to report that if you use regedit and surf to the registry entry that Ladd has in his post, right click it and change the value to zero that should fix everything. Doing this has the same effect as changing the sysvar in civil 3d. I tested this on my machine and it works. Keep in mind that your registry entry may be slightly different than Ladd's depending on your particular version of Carlson, so if you surf to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareCarlson and right click at that level select search and search for "taskbar" it will take you right to it, scroll down to the taskbar entry, right click it select Modify change to 0 and the disturbance in the force will be tamed. You may have to restart Carlson for it to read the new registry entry I'm not sure.

Now turn off your computer and hoist some canvas!


 
Posted : August 21, 2015 4:25 am
foggyidea
(@foggyidea)
Posts: 3462
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

thank you, I will be trying this solution out. Canvas ahoy....

On second thought, I can't find the registry, maybe this is just a little beyond my ability.


 
Posted : August 21, 2015 7:50 am
Randy Rain
(@randy-rain)
Posts: 462
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

in windows 7 click the start button and type regedit in the search box, then click the application that comes up as a result, provide the necessary permission and you're in...for safety sake it is a good idea to click menu: file-->export and save a backup of the registry (I put it in my documents and name it regback) that way if you get unexpected results you can use File-->import to restore your current settings. In windows 8 the search function is on the "bracelet" that pops out of the right hand side of the screen (bring it out by taking the cursor to the upper right hand corner of the screen and dragging down) all the rest is the same. Once you back up the registry then follow the above instructions to edit the key.


 
Posted : August 21, 2015 8:23 am