AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
wgd
wgd
@wgd
Free
Joined: September 28, 2013 8:57 pm
Topics: 4 / Replies: 123
Reply
RE: Monuments move, landowners lose: A surveyor‰Ûªs dirty little secret

Tom Adams, post: 363320, member: 7285 wrote: I agree with you wholeheartedly Leon. The guy even referenced Jeff Lucas. He does have some kind of clu...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: US Survey vs. International Feet

The list is correct with respect to SC, International Foot.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Plumb bobs are not common anymore

I still carry one out of fear that I may one day run into the man that I got my start with.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: This is a shame

Painted hack with flagging (you can see old paint at the top).....Witness trees with hacks at heights that reference the distance from the corner...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Need a HP48 SurveyPro overlay

I have one. If by some miracle I run across it I'll send it to you. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 years ago
Reply
11 years ago
Reply
RE: FS exam questions

As stated repeatedly above, we really need to know a state to be able to answer the requirements question. With that said, you already have the degree...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you tie flagging to a nail?

JTLAPOINTE, post: 362028, member: 11401 wrote: Fold a length of flagging in half then fold the end opposite of the loose ends a few times and push the...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Flag or not?

Property corners around here are like magnets for utility companies. On the residential surveys all you have to do to find the corners is look for tel...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Thought of Richard Schaut today.

I am of the belief that I don't know WTH is going on in this here thread and I would love to keep it that way, but the first sand hill I run across is...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: PS exam Curves

I agree with the previous 2, but will add: 1. Called for monuments rule2. There's no such thing as a lost corner (Obliterated? Yes. Lost? No, sir.)3. ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: This is a shame

There's often a hellofalot more than meets the eye to a situation. Perhaps TN is like SC in that it is a 3 x's damages state where the cutting of timb...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Another fine mess you've got us into.

Looks like a perfect example of County regs creating a nightmare out of an otherwise simple task.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What kind of rod cap do you use?

Why bother surveying if there's no monuments?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: This is a shame

Cameron, in most cases here there's a hack in the tree that accompanies the paint. I have used old hack marks that were decades old countless times. T...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What control points do you use?

60d nails with flagging.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Maladies afflicting Surveyors

Driving down the road looking over to the side and knowing the R/W goes from 50' to 66' right there then runs 617.87' to a #5 rebar at the SW corner o...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Precision in Total Station

There's a good reason why every parcel based GIS has a disclaimer you must acknowledge before viewing the map.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: ...so please get your dope in shape...

Shooters should be familiar with the term "dope" as well. I worked at a firm where it was called "poop".

11 years ago
Page 4 / 7