AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 7:06 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: Surveying Ethics Question

> We were asked to stake out a new building. Scope was to do following:> > 1. Stake property corners> 2. Stake 4 corners of new buildin...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: setting up traverse in the rain

Rain has never stopped our field work for more than an hour an that's only when its just dumping. Snow, on the other hand, causes much more problems....

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Title Company Research

I don't see the concern hereI would rather get too much information from the title company then not enough (which is the typical scenario around here ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Multiple Originals

How can there be more than one original? By definition there cannot be more than one original. Some of the local counties do require two identically...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: C3D Help, Please.

> Maybe I can use an annotative block as my point marker?Yes you can, just set the Size in the Point style editing box to 'Use drawing scale"All o...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

> Beerleggers - I am currently running Rel. 2004 with LDD, but I am looking to upgrade to Civil 3D and I would appreciate any advice regarding the ...

14 years ago
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 1112
Reply
RE: Stakes for Fence - Construction Staking or Boundary Survey?

> A client desires to place a fence along his boundary line and he calls two surveyors.> > One surveyor indicates that a Boundary Survey is r...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Are you better off...

> After spending a frustrating evening with the latest iteration of one of the mainstream CAD packages, I'm wondering if others are having issues w...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion professionalism?

So where are the pin finders?I would never pull another LS's monuments unless I have permission from the LS that set them. With that said, have any o...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: "A parcel of land located......"

> Here's what I do.> > LAND DESCRIPTION> > THAT PORTION OF GOVERNMENT LOT 2 AND THE SOUTHEAST ONE QUARTER O...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: So the deed says II.....

> SurveyLTD brought up a good issue below, that makes me want to ask a couple of questions:> > The grantor tells me he wants to grant the Eas...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Book File .fbk Issues

We had many odd issues with FBK files over the years when combining with Civil3d. Our solution was to stop using FBK files and start using point coord...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble VRS accuracy calculation question

I see there has been much discussion about this and as always we enjoy seeing both sides of things.Speaking from personal experience we have tested th...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Today I found a........

I heard a story once where a party chief left a truck on-site. Evidently he forgot he drove to the site and hopped in the truck with one of the other ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble VRS accuracy calculation question

We utilize the very system and while I do not have any specfic expected accuracies as you've identified. It is RTK afterall and the farther you are f...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Where have they all gone

> Look at yesterday's post about realtors looking for $250 surveys.> > There's no big money in surveying, stability is lacking, and we get no...

14 years ago
Topic
14 years ago
Replies: 3
Views: 1029
Reply
RE: Control problems?

I agree with the above replies with one exception, I wouldn't spend another dime of your budget until the author's of the control work are notified an...

14 years ago
Page 48 / 51