Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 1, 2026 7:06 am
> Yeah that would be nice. It seems that in our area only the DOT knows where their ROW is. I have even seen them reject monuments previously set f...
I use Google Earth to track projects. While it's not a great database tool I upload all Grid mon ties to it along with Pins for projects. It's not f...
Lot acreage must be shown to 3 decimal places around here and if your lot is 19.999 acres and 20 is required your lot is non-conforming. Stupid, I kn...
A CUP is require for a particular 'use' within a particular zone and has nothing to do with exemption from subdivision regulations. We're dealing wit...
So, the BLM cap needs a dimple? Hmm.
I struggle with ROW monuments on a monthly basis while recreating miles of highway right of way. Most of the older highways around here reference the...
Create directories for each version by year. That is the way we handle it in house. I am not sure how to determine the version prior to opening, but ...
The correct description, as you've pointed out, is Lot *** of *** Plat, nothing more nothing less. Simple and straight forward. After all, isn't that...
Civil3d 2012 with SincpacMicrostation (only because certain entities require it)ArcGISTGO DSWORLDGoogle Earth and GE Street ViewPrintkey 2000 - Great ...
> We request .dwg files for our site plans, it allows us to x-ref the files into our drawing and ensure accurate points for stakeout. Never have a ...
> Surveyors walking to site, and they are using network RTK to bring elevation to the site. I am working next door... > > I ran a loop from t...
Most likely a wolf track. They are everywhere up here. We see tracks almost everytime we're in a mountainous area. While you are a bit south of whe...
What's a checkbook? 😐
Sounds like a recipe for a potential disaster, if not a violation of CFED or State codes. How can you be in responsible charge after the fact?
Centered on existing certainly has more weight because there is no disputing the existence of a correctly located utility line.Many utility easements ...
> Does anyone know how to convert a Carlson .FCL and .GIS to use on a trimble?> Would it just be easier to sit down and input it by hand in the ...
What gets meI have experienced the same. Once they re-type my legal it is now their legal. Mine is the stamped hard copy.
> I'm curious, if you were setting curb stakes with a robot, would you ignore the cut/fill it gave (control has been leveled through) and run a lev...
Interesting topic. Why would they want to design and build in State Plane Grid Coordinates? The local DOTs around here have required that also but we...
Why would you not mark your cap with a punch mark? I have found plenty of unmarked right of way monuments with absolutely nothing on the cap at all ...