AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 7:06 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: your favorite?

My favorite was having my LOMA rejected because we didn't have a recorded deed that shows exactly what the Client owned. We did provide a title repor...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Has 4 year degree helped or hurt the surveying profession?

There was 1 new PLS that passed the May 2013 Idaho Exam. If that's any indication of what a 4 year degree does to the profession it's not good.That s...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC Export confusion

So I took your advice on one of our smaller projects and things are working much smoother. However, I am still not able to replicate my ground coordi...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Someone else to "check" our work...

Better yet, try and get a LOMA on a piece of property without an exact recorded deed of the property. I went round and round with the checklist check...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC Export confusion

We have hundreds, if not thousands of TGO projects with some projects that have hundreds of DC files. We're supposed to reimport all of these files i...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC Export confusion

> Trimble Business Center is active on Face Book. If you contact them on FB and outline your problem, they will respond and offer you some solution...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC Export confusion

We're in a completely different world on the opposite end of things. We're the ones establishing the control points. I haven't calibrated as you des...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC Export confusion

> I was having the same problem. What I do now is write down the LDP metadata that was applied in the TGO file, import the DC file into TBC and re...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC Export confusion

Yes, these are converted projects through the Convert TGO file option. The projects have the proper projections setup.I thought it may have something ...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 21
Views: 3334
Reply
RE: Unit-scaling inserted database - AutoCAD 2012

The problem could be the Units and Zone setting under , in older cad files and sometimes files from others, the drawing will be set to international f...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Recording States and cost to file

ID is practically free to record, around 5-10 a page. Corner records $10. No reviews at all of Records of Survey other than the unhappy ladies at th...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Adding a little color to surveys

Anything recorded in this neck of the woods, WA or ID must be completely black and white. I think color on topo type drawings can be useful for clien...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: HOW MUCH TO ADD THIS CERTIFICATION TO ALTA SURVEY?

No way.There is only allowable ALTA certification. A certification like that would turn your ALTA into something other than an ALTA.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Acts of Congress

Thanks, I did find that page but for some reason didn't see the 'see page image' button until now. Guess I just needed a second look.

13 years ago
Topic
13 years ago
Replies: 4
Views: 1090
Reply
RE: Illinois Surveyors to become Union?

If that nonsense ever came to this neck of the country they'd have one less surveyor.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: AutoCad Civil -3D corridors and Trimble Business Center

We don't have TBC so I cannot speak on it. However, we do use Civil3d and also do a lot of road construction. All we do is export the CIvil3d corrido...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Description verbage

The owners can only convey what they own. If there is a gap, there is a gap. This is not a right of way issue it's an ownership issue. I have exper...

13 years ago
Page 42 / 51