Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 1, 2026 7:06 am
We had our old LDD installed on our WIN 7 64 bit machines through a 'virtual computer' that basically emulated an XP computer from your desktop. I im...
What version of Civil3d?We had a similar thing happen to a rather large topo drawing using Civil3d 2010. We have to revert to a backup file to get th...
Hopefully you didn't have too much $ into this project before you came to this realization. It also appears that your contract must not of adequately...
Not sure about 2002 autocad, that's really old as far as software goes. We setup a virtual (second cpu) on our 64 bit workstations to load up AutoCAD...
That is one of the reasons why we never ever work for a contractor. We stake our own engineering designs under contract with the owner. It works out...
30 hrs was exactly what I was thinking after a quick look at the aerial. Do they need individual trees? If so that can be a pain sometimes depending ...
Try background mask. Click text, right click and you will find it in the popup menu near your cursor. This is similar to text mask but imo is simpler...
Yes, I'm aware of the importance and complexity of sight distances. It's just unheard of for a surveyor (in my experience in 3 states) to be involved...
> I fired an employee today. First time I had to go through that.> > Happy Friday.The first one I fired 20 years was a young kid and before ...
> What values do you use when calculating clear sight distances for residential driveways? Driver eye height, object height, etc.? References would...
Just because there is a City right of way doesn't mean the power company has the right to install lines. It can, but doesn't necessarily give them th...
Exacta surveying per TBPLS rosterI can't even look at a job for less than $500.00! Plats certainly have an entirely different meaning in Texas. Add ...
Sounds like my crews day yesterday also, except they had no cell coverage....yet somehow found a very sketchy Wi-Fi signal that made troubleshooting m...
> I generally don’t change record if I am within a tenth or so depending on accuracy required for area. That’s to say as long as closure is within ...
Florida info? New Code - please commentNo survey of any sort required up here for home sales or building permits. Owner can sketch his own property a...
Your dwg file with tin, points, etc.... is much better than the XML file IMO. We have had mixed results with the XML files not holding edits or recog...
A boy can dream can't he?> There is always someone in the bunch that will go "kaduh seems reasonable to me ka yuk yuk"... The list is about as reas...
> Requirements:> Professional Land Surveyor License in California> Four-year degree> Minimum of ten (10) years of Surveying Geomatics expe...