AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 7:06 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: AutoCAD question - Architectural vs. Engineering Units

> In AutoCAD, I draw my model so that 1 unit equals 1 foot. As I understand it, architects commonly draw a model where 1 unit equals 1 inch.> &...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: 2014 Autocad civil 3d

I just turn the layer off. Once it's created I have very little need to see it again. Never really had a problem with that solution.

12 years ago
Reply
12 years ago
Reply
RE: What holds?

> > Short answer, you are still not the original surveyor. Maybe things work differently in Texas but the mere conveyance of a deed does not mak...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What holds?

> However, he is not the original surveyor. The will is and that is how the tract is described.How is the Will the original surveyor? It may be t...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Low ballers...

Low ballers...or just stupid surveyors> While studying for Washington I came across an interesting tid-bit. It is an actual (not just ethical) viol...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: corners

Mandatory in WA and ID. I can't imagine working in a non-recording state.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Managing points in C3D

In the standard Civil3d workflow where you import data through the Survey tab > Import Events you cannot change point numbers. You must change the...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Managing Coordinate Files

We use one file which is typically named after the job#. This file is downloaded daily into a FIELD>IN>DATE style directory. Before the beginn...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Un-recorded R/W agreement with DOT and US Army

Recording of the document is not necessary to made the document valid if it's between private parties. I am not sure how those rules work with Govern...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying - An Honest Group

> Having made the change over to real estate development over the past years my observation is that surveyors are one of the most honest trades out...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Leading zeros and 1/2 spaces in autocad

As Jim stated, it's a style thing controlloed by Civil3d label styles. I prefer to have the 0 shown for clarity but see nothing wrong the leaving it ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: surveyor vs google earth - volumes

Google Earth elevatins are hit and miss...and by hit I mean the position seems to match my elevation within 2 feet. By miss I mean several hundred fee...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Radio Trouble

> Did anyone else in West Texas lose radio about 4:00pm cdt today?> Trimble dealer said we were the 8th caller this evening with the same proble...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS back online yet?

We experienced some odd GPS issues yesterday with our R8 GNSS receivers and TDL radio. Lost radio, went back to radio which was off. Restarted every...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Salary

> My question is what rate are they billing your time at? If they are billing your time out at 20% more than as a SIT then I think a comparable rai...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Salary

No idea what the standard range is in that area of the US but at 50k that's only $24/hr for a standard work year with 40hr weeks. That seems ridiculo...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC 2.96 and 5700 & 5800 Recievers

Use the Data Transfer program? That's what we use for all Trimble related transfer of data from field to office. We're also running Win 7.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Field to Finish, Civil 3D

When we initially upgraded to Civil3d we continued to import .fbk files like we did in LDD. However, Civil3d allows input of .txt or .csv files which...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Converting Newer Civil 3D Files

Like someone already said you will have to have the files saved back or exported to your version. However, this will not allow any true functionality...

13 years ago
Page 40 / 51