AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: September 30, 2026 3:13 pm
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: Certifications on land transfer

No certifications needed in WA or ID unless you're doing an ALTA.?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Alternatives to Drone Deploy and PIX4D

Make the numbers add up.?ÿ As bionicman said, change your model.?ÿ It drone deploy is $4,000 a year and the drone goes out once a week, thats approxim...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Bid

Its just a tool in the toolbox. Know when to pull it out and know when to put it away.?ÿ We stake thousands of feet a curb each year with no issues us...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Bid

We do plenty of curb staking with GPS, you just have to know when to put it away and run levels through the hubs. Those who don't use GPS when it's wa...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: FBK file

You can import .FBK files into Civil3d using the import survey data command using a survey database.?ÿ We stopped using FBK files about 5 years ago bu...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Why boundary survey?

Fixed fees should always be done with a very precise scope.?ÿ Any change in scope is a change in fee.?ÿ I would never use fixed fee on a boundary surv...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Why boundary survey?

Being paid only for your hourly rate is like a plumber.?ÿ Charge for the liability you are incurring like JKinAK says!?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Why boundary survey?

IMO you're trying to provide them something they do not want.?ÿ Cut your losses and move on.?ÿ?ÿ Yes, I understand the many benefits of having a surve...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Where Do I Start Learning How to Overlay Drawing on Google Earth Image?

Google earth accepts .shp files now.?ÿ If you can figure out how to export a shp file from carlson it will import directly to google earth.?ÿ Keep in ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Employee Pool

Yes, there are those that have no desire at all to be in the office....so they stay in the field.?ÿ We need people like that as some do not have the a...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Fieldgenius/Microsurvey punative pricing practices

Feel lucky you aren't using any Bentley products.?ÿ The prices you list are a drop in the hat in their world.?ÿ For example, a 30 minute overrun of a ...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 544
Reply
RE: No more surveyor on staff - what work can I still do in WA State?

Here is a good link regarding Engineers doing Topographic surveys.?ÿ?ÿ In my experience i have not found an Engineer capable of performing an accurate...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Quest Datahawk Drone

How do you handle the FAA line of sight requirement with the fixed wings on large sites?

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Why does my survey cost so much?

It depends on the client.?ÿ If its John Doe off the street asking why a boundary survey is so expensive its usually a short explanation of our estimat...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: CFedS

Paden, I have also heard the same thing from the local tribes. Something about being tired of the government telling them what they need to do.....the...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Charging for control

I can't recall the last time I have seen a paper topographic survey. It's probably been at least 5 years, if not more. Everything lately is electronic...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: CFedS

Besides the educational benefit I have not heard of any work being obtained due to their newfound knowledge.?ÿ I know of about 7 surveyors, 3 of which...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Inept Use of Model Space

I have seen some pretty bad cad structure in my day but that is completely nuts.?ÿ I truly wonder how some of these people are still in business.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson export/import shp file

ESRI allows for the direct importing of CSV files if all they are looking for is the point file.?ÿ There is no special format for ESRI points that i h...

9 years ago
Page 27 / 51