Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 1, 2026 7:06 am
Unless?ÿ you are required to be 'on NAVD 88' for whatever work your doing...project control will most likely control your job.?ÿ What if you go tie in...
There's a whole other world of work out there, though, especially boundary surveying for private clients, where RFPs for QBS would be exceedingly rare...
?ÿ So when someone calls you wanting a survey, what do you give them, and what do you call it? I tell them we won't be the cheapest and if they are lo...
Posted by: FrozenNorth ?ÿ With the exception of Brooks Act work, I really don't know how you think cost could be removed from the equation. Providing ...
Posted by: James Fleming I disagree 100%. You read the word "bid" and infer that everyone is trying to get the job based solely on cost.?ÿ?ÿ ?ÿ ?ÿ If ...
I disagree 100%.?ÿ A bid implies we are trying to get the job based on cost.?ÿ I always tell the caller if your looking for the lowest cost I will gla...
What state are you in??ÿ What you described would not fly in this area at at all.?ÿ I realize everyone has to make a living but when they reduce surve...
Sounds like a paper calibration to me.?ÿ Are you the one responsible for the results? What happens if the paper calibration is wrong...do you just dou...
Definitely depends on the clients workflow and contract language.?ÿ If either are unclear it can become a mess really quick. With that said, the OP wa...
Posted by: J Another way to get points from Carlson to C3D, is to use the command, 2soft, which converts points to Softdesk point blocks.?ÿ When the c...
I have no clue about Carlson but i do know that a point file exported as Landxml file will definitely not provide the end user with any type of functi...
Posted by: Just A. Surveyor James, That is the way a lot of engineering firms around the Atlanta area operate. The survey department exists solely to ...
I have seen both sides of this coin. If you are not wanted or needed or treated like 'support for the money makers' then move on.?ÿ There are plenty o...
??Is a recipient really going to reject one of my documents because the certification authority isn't a third party?? Most probably won't but you w...
Posted by: R.J. Schneider "Surveyors would always be happy to do a complete boundary survey on topo jobs, but often the client is not prepared for th...
I would say 100% yes.?ÿ It is unethical.?ÿ Why did the county choose abc engineer??ÿ What if abc-123 engineer just comes in and starts doing the same ...
Posted by: leegreen Posted by: WA-ID Surveyor ?ÿ You need to start with the Engineer or Architect that prepared the plans not the surveyor that prepar...
Posted by: leegreen This has been an on going problem for the many years, and it appears to be getting more common.?ÿ Most topographic survey maps, th...
Pretty much any contract to you, a surveyor as a sub to a contractor, will be a construction style contract and not a professional services type contr...
Unless you are hired by the TC or Owner I would move on. No use getting yourself wrapped up in something like that when you have no skin in the game....