AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: September 30, 2026 3:13 pm
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: Local Coordinate System

I should clarify.?ÿ When i said use I did not mean to infer that our final work products are all done on state plane coordinates.?ÿ Our projects are a...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Oh well, guess thereƒ??s next year.

We're not contractors. Bidding just drives down cost and profit. Unless they are on ongoing client pretty much any random call for an ALTA is shopping...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Local Coordinate System

1 out of 500 projects are on a local coordinate system. I cringe every time i need to revisit an old company project on a local system. There is no re...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Does Civil 3D provide value to the typical surveyor?

LandXML surface exports are more convenient and compatible with others but they do not hold irregular boundaries well.?ÿ I have had multiple instances...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Does Civil 3D provide value to the typical surveyor?

Bowtie - That depends on how the contractor creates the data.?ÿ Sometimes the contractor has a machine guy that spends days entering all of the design...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Unfortunate web page photo

He is most certainly breaking numerous OSHA and WISHA laws.?ÿ They don't mess around with there fines and they are hefty.?ÿ We received one once for 2...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Does Civil 3D provide value to the typical surveyor?

Depending on the overall nature of your work your electronic deliverable nowadays is often the most important deliverable.?ÿ It doesn't matter how goo...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Does Civil 3D provide value to the typical surveyor?

Very much so...once you understand it. Most don't take the time and simply complain about it. I get it! I was on that bandwagon when I first started u...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Is there an easy way to convert a 2D CAD drawing to...

You may also want to check your state licensing laws related to topo work to be sure you can legally do what you're trying to accomplish.?ÿ This shoul...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Is there an easy way to convert a 2D CAD drawing to...

Sounds like the product you were provided is inadequate for your needs.?ÿ Hopefully your firm didn't pay for it??ÿ Its usually always best to have the...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Employee misrepresenting as Surveyor and/or owner

I think you're worrying about nothing.?ÿ It wouldn't bother me a bit.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: All data, except text and hatching, shall be 3D with true x, y, and z coordinates

This is pretty much how all our topo work is completed for the past few years.?ÿ All in DWG format.?ÿ Its great for the end users, or so i hear.?ÿ Its...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Spokane

We are in town but would not entertain 4hrs of work. It would cost us more to setup a contract and such.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Broker

Things are obviously different in different parts of the US.?ÿ Cost cannot be part of any professional engineer/surveyor (and i think architects but d...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Cost for adding two corner monuments

My guess is that the 2-3k cost would be on the low side for a survey of that magnitude.?ÿI've seen 25k lot surveys and I've seen 3k lot surveys..Most ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Things that chap my hide

Certainly your state has a code or law covering this??ÿ Each state I work in has this clearly spelled out in regards to the responsible party.?ÿ That ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: PLS position in NW Montana

Based on a quick cost of living analysis i would say definitely not.?ÿ Maybe for a new PLS, but certainly not an experienced-seasoned one.?ÿ I am also...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Selling a previous survey

This is the survey business.?ÿ Do not under any circumstances take on more responsibility for zero fee.?ÿ You have the survey, they want the survey.?ÿ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Cursive writing & Land Surveyors

K-12 schools should not waste kids time teaching them cursive.

8 years ago
Page 26 / 51