Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 30, 2026 3:13 pm
Not sure how you deal with things like this in non-recording states.?ÿ Luckily I don't have to deal with that at all.?ÿ ?ÿI do occasionally get a call...
If you have a line, like the first 100' line, and you want to create a new line at that bearing but a different distance just do this: Line - enter ...
@mightymoe?ÿ Its done all the time.?ÿ Lot are platted over and adjusted and combined daily without plat vacations. I have never seen or heard of a pl...
@mightymoe Plat vacations are not a thing in any jurisdiction I work in.?ÿ Thus reiterating the need for them to follow whatever rules are pertinent t...
Describing them should be simple, just refer to the pertinent parts of each original plat as you describe the newly configured lots. A bigger questio...
@dmyhill This is fairly standard practice in this area as well.?ÿ I use it when warranted as it makes the descriptions much simpler.?ÿ It must be a re...
This cannot be done in Idaho without a record of survey, which means you need to resolve the line(s) you are marking. Many reasons for this law have b...
@bstrand I would never put myself in that situation, but why wouldn't it.?ÿ If you were hired by the contractor to stake edge of asphalt per the plans...
I had a former co-worker go through the program and he found it informative and difficult and rewarding from a survey perspective.?ÿ He said if he wou...
I agree, there is quite a distention between being hired to set top of rock hubs at 10+00, 20'RT and provide top of rock hubs on the property line.?ÿ ...
Prime example of why we very rarely stake design from others.?ÿ Too many variables.?ÿ Sounds like a classic case of the designer not being aware of wh...
If the right of way is adequately shown I would keep it simple like HolyCow suggested.?ÿ 123 Court as shown on XYZ plat as recorded....... If there i...
I have no clue how non-recording states work in this regards but if the owner is not your client they should not be obligated to any or your documents...
@ncsudirtman They have a very generous upgrade program depending on how many versions of Civi3d/Sincpac you are moving up.?ÿ We typically upgrade abo...
The best surveyor add-on is sinc-pac from quuxsoft.com. The best $500 we ever spent.?ÿ ?ÿ
Your contract should specify what you will be staking and what plans, with date, you will be using.?ÿ Have a clause stating that any changes to said p...
This is something that is simply not done in any areas we work in.?ÿ The only ones that do are the municipalities themselves and when they do it's qui...
You cannot do either in Idaho unless you contact the original surveyor and resolve the discrepancy.?ÿ There are a few more nuances to the new code but...
Another good case to complete all design work using Ground values.
I would check with others in your area as I am sure your not the first to encounter this.?ÿ Idaho has an odd code that basically says all right of way...