AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
voidintheabyss
voidintheabyss
@voidintheabyss
Free
Joined: August 2, 2016 5:54 pm
Topics: 15 / Replies: 46
Reply
RE: Spectra robots

I am not 100% certain, but I think the SpectraPrecision Robots only track optically. It will follow a 360 prism or a normal prism, but it doesn't hav...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Pro (Nikon XF) vs Trimble Acces (Trimble C5)

I haven't used the hardware, but from a software perspective, SurveyPro is way better than Trimble Access. It's a user friendly issue. SP is simple an...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Any advice on study materials for the FS exam?

Read this cover to cover, and work the practice problems. Surveyor Reference Manual/p> It would also be helpful to find and review high school cliff n...

7 years ago
Reply
7 years ago
Reply
RE: I took the FS Exam today.

I can tell you my experience. I minored in math, but I hadn't taken an exam in over a decade. A lot of the math (save the vertical curves, spherical ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: I took the FS Exam today.

The "receipt" I got upon leaving the exam site told me 7-10 business days.

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 42
Views: 2629
Reply
RE: Adjusting a Closed Traverse on Trimble Access

Thank you! I will try it again with 102 as a control point.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjusting a Closed Traverse on Trimble Access

I can look at the raw data in the office, but it appears that I can't upload it here. Either way, we are looking for a field solution. Thanks to thes...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjusting a Closed Traverse on Trimble Access

By hand, I get 1:55587. I'm looking for the correct way to do it in Trimble Access.

8 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: RTK Offset Shots

I use a lath. A lath is straight and has a fixed distance. I can usually poke the lath through the ground so it doesn't move and I center the tip of t...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: How to protect Trimble MT1000

I hadn't even considered this until I saw the post. My now paranoid ass is heading to Home Depot to see if I can find a thin, felxible rubber strip wi...

8 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Free Stationing / Resectioning

Don't resection points in the same quadrant.Do direct?ÿand?ÿreverse shots in the resection.After the resection is stored, do a new setup on the resect...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Still not as hard as surveying in Texas...

James Fleming, post: 441675, member: 136 wrote: Must be a new arrival from a PLSS state, a native would just walk across.Topo! I had to go in to get t...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Status of Surveying?

I can recall only one time when the man with the stamp was out in the field with me. He was there to talk to the client and give us basic direction.He...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Status of Surveying?

I'm working into my fifth year of surveying. I have been a Party Chief for most of that time and I'm at my fourth company.As someone who often asks/wa...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: First job as a solo operator

Fredh, post: 441021, member: 12570 wrote: Those couple times when you do need a second hand, there are always a high schoolers or non college kid look...

9 years ago
Page 1 / 4