AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
spledeus
spledeus
@spledeus
Free
Joined: November 16, 2011 10:21 pm
Topics: 250 / Replies: 2507
Reply
RE: Most amazing GIS I've seen

The last gismaster to get posted here was booed. Although a very simple application, this is a powerful map. Sure, gis can do all kinds of things, b...

14 years ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 1008
Reply
RE: Is there a formula?

My pleasure, I enjoy learning more about excel. Hope the wife didn't tell you to stop messing around on the computer and start cutting letters.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Is there a formula?

=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,E1,""))where A1 houses a string and E1 the target letter to count.take from some thread by a guy named Aladin:Now I would g...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Your local GIS folks at work...

the guy probably pressured the kid behind the computer or sweet talked him to rectify an issue. either way this smells like gooey icky stuff.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Partial ALTA Survey

I do not do many ALTA's but I recall that requirement.Of course, if you divide the property you can limit the survey, but you will likely need the ful...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Best way to do underwater topo

In the summer with a case of beer.Or that slick remote control boat for only 70k or 90k.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-tangent curves

How old is the subdivision?Did the approving authority allow for non-tangent curves? Does it change the road width? Who set these pins?Can you creat...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: ring-ring

Why would you have to stakeout a claim? If it was open, exclusive and notorious then they should already know where their 0.58 acres are.I would ask ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Research Procedures

Probate CourtLocal History BooksHistorical SocietiesOld Timers

14 years ago
Reply
RE: short plats, original corners, repose, etc. (probably long)

Last week this weekHad a similar issue. I have a new field guy who loves to resection and won't use 3+ points even though I have suggested it repeate...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Gmap4

Put your money where your map isWhy not send in a note to the Board of Registration verifying that your efforts have not been in vain? Ask them to ma...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: 20-26 YEARS OLD SURVEY . . . attorney needs copy

now now, there are some smart attorneys out there. i know one, he quit law and became a realtor.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Gmap4

I'm not sure about Washington, but here in MA, defining a property corner by coordinate is equivalent to a monument, albeit the lowest of monuments.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: The roundabout approach

Fortunately (relatively speaking) these are old woodlots with poor descriptions. My family's deed calls for stones at each corner, no distances, one ...

14 years ago
Page 87 / 138