AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
shelby-h-griggs-pls
shelby-h-griggs-pls
@shelby-h-griggs-pls
Free
Joined: July 8, 2010 11:49 am
Last seen: August 17, 2026 5:53 pm
Topics: 67 / Replies: 872
Reply
RE: GPS Radio

@rod-taylor kudos to Carlson or whoever made that decision, those modules are readily available (I know that Satel for one has them). Like John, I tot...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica 1200 or 500 series network connection upgrade for 4g cell networks

@i-ben-havin and that works, except depending on version of 1200's the OP has there may not be bluetooth on controller. the ATX1230 does, the 1230 uni...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica 1200 or 500 series network connection upgrade for 4g cell networks

@john-putnam only 3.75G, i think that is going to be an unusable solution when 3G is gone? AFAIK outside of newer controllers which have 4g modems, th...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 1009
Reply
RE: Leica 1200 or 500 series network connection upgrade for 4g cell networks

@oldpacer My 1200 and the 500's have to have a wired DC connection, so nothing wireless like Bluetooth or wifi works as a source of RTN corrections, a...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica 1200 or 500 series network connection upgrade for 4g cell networks

I have same gear, mostly backup now. Since there is not any wifi on those units, hot spots by themselves are not a solution. I put together a solution...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: lithium

A 20AH lithium will have about 16AH usable power (80%) and a 35AH lead acid will have about 17AH usable (50%). I replaced the "standard issue" 35AH le...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: lithium

I have bought several from here and this link will take you to a 20AH one for around $200. I use a 20AH one that will run a base receiver and low powe...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica GS18i

@norman-oklahoma Mark, we got a GS18i in January. I haven't used the camera feature a lot, have used the tilt, but in our work, lots of static occupat...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS for Dummies Book

As mentioned a 2nd occupation is a very good practice (and the minimal procedure you need to prove the 1st measurement). I typically measure a static ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Office Configuration File Update Utility and Trimble Convert To RINEX install issue

Issue has been resolved. Started PC in safe mode, but software wouldn't install, rebooted and it installed fine. I had completed more than one reboot ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Office Configuration File Update Utility and Trimble Convert To RINEX install issue

@john-hamilton that is certainly an option. No idea why I can't install newer versions, I have old versions installed on this PC and working. SHG

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Office Configuration File Update Utility and Trimble Convert To RINEX install issue

@rover83 i may go the clean up route. I did try the admin route, same result. Same message trying to install the cleanup utility, dang machine just d...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica infinity - baseline processing

I haven't had the issue. Did you set at least one station as control? In the pervious LGO, you didn't have too, just throwing it out there, both softw...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Two way radio or walkie recommendations

No specific brand to recommend, but the ONLY non licensed frequencies would be the FRS (UHF frequncies) and MURS (VHF frequencies). Motorola usually a...

5 years ago
Page 8 / 47