AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
shelby-h-griggs-pls
shelby-h-griggs-pls
@shelby-h-griggs-pls
Free
Joined: July 8, 2010 11:49 am
Last seen: August 17, 2026 5:53 pm
Topics: 67 / Replies: 872
Topic
Replies: 12
Views: 4618
Reply
RE: Old NGS NAVD29 Benchmark Datasheets

USGS marks that NGS has not tied/used are paper ONLY and you would need to contact the USGS. SHG

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The Myth of Mobility for Professional Land Surveyors

I certainly think that is valid at least for boundary work. Maybe a two tier licensing scheme is warranted. One for everything but boundary and bound...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Cleaning up our act

@j-holt I live on Robin Court, a block away after crossing the cross street it is Robin Place. Getting it correct is important! SHG

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The Myth of Mobility for Professional Land Surveyors

My thoughts are that ALL tasks in the model laws from state to state are the same EXCEPT boundary. It seems a portable license works for ALL but bound...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The Myth of Mobility for Professional Land Surveyors

@peter-lothian yes, some safeguards probably need to be in place, however having five state licenses I can tell you they are all about same, and I ref...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: 3G CELLULAR SUNSET to 4LTE/5G SOLUTIONS W/ LEICA GS14/CS15

I have a couple Intuicom bridges and have used with Leica 1200 gear, it is pretty much plug and play and works well. You will need a static IP on the ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: RPLS Washington State

@flga-2-2 yes of course, after 70 I think no increase, but difference between 62 and 70 is huge. If you are in decent health and think you will realis...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: RPLS Washington State

@norman-oklahoma have said this for years. applies to everyone, not just surveyors. Garbage truck might be my next job, you get to smash stuff all day...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: HP Calculator repair

D.M.S to Decimal degrees. I think on th eolder HP's at least it was abbreviated as HR? SHG

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Geoid Model GEOID18 for Leica LGO

@gene-kooper definitely! I am trying to get things wrapped up to take a couple weeks PTO, so maybe when I get back on/after October 25th. You still go...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Geoid Model GEOID18 for Leica LGO

@gene-kooper Gene I might make you a deal, serious. I have two 1230GG units that are nicer than anything else you will find, just used by the PLS sinc...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: RPLS Washington State

Maybe I can stick it out until I am 80 or 90 and make up for years were wages weren't near that good 🙂 As it is, I am already planning to go to 68-70...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Coordinate Transformation Discrepancy

I wouldn't trust any conversion in ERSI, they have done some "non translations" over the years just so the label looks right, they aren't very transpa...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: HP Calculator repair

I have a couple 41's I wouldn't mind getting fixed for old time sake. My daily is a 48GX that has a semi broken enter key. I have a 35s but never grew...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Stockpile Volume Calcs with UAV

@mightymoe I don't know, you might be surprised, the size of the aerial platform and sensor sometimes doesn't seem to be proportional to the cost... I...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Geoid Model GEOID18 for Leica LGO

Gene it sounds like John has you covered, but the answer is yes it is available and I have implemented in both LGO and the newer Infinity. I might be...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Stockpile Volume Calcs with UAV

I work for an old school aerial firm. Starting to see a lot of folks attempting 1000's of acres with a UAV, IMO, wrong tool. Same with your proposed p...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Radio

I agree with others, almost certainly other traffic on the frequency. Cheap scanner, actually cheapest is probably a cheap UHF radio, BUT DO NOT trans...

5 years ago
Page 7 / 47