AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
shelby-h-griggs-pls
shelby-h-griggs-pls
@shelby-h-griggs-pls
Free
Joined: July 8, 2010 11:49 am
Last seen: August 17, 2026 5:53 pm
Topics: 67 / Replies: 872
Reply
RE: Signal Jamming

@jitterboogie and if I had to guess (since I have a CDL and drove for a few years), they don't speak English as their first language, sorry but some o...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Signal Jamming

@richard-imrie you wipe out ability to track on ground, not actually jamming at the satellite level. They are very weak signals. With my old (two gene...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS tilt at building corners

Yes, but not quite to same accuracy as GNSS alone IMO. I have a Leica GS18i and have tested in open areas so obstructions were not a factor and you do...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Newer used truck

I am running a 2001 Dodge 2500, cummins, 317K and counting. Hope it makes it until I retire. Unless you run super light weight (and what crew does th...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Newer used truck

@richard-imrie That will make the Lucas electrical work better, haha

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Former contributors to this site and predecessors---deceased

Some of the folks that used to be frequent here have moved to Facebook, Twitter, etc. SHG

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Your longest shot with a total station

Around 27000 feet with a Wild T2000 with scope mounted DI5L. That was considered a modular TS back in the early 1990's when I did the shot. Out in Wy...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Man sues NC Survey Board after being issued cease and desist for flying drone

As written he is in violation of NC law as I read it (and probably most states that adopted some form of the "model law". So, stop or get law changed ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Emlid Reach

@rover83 agree with you, I have been there, when data collector, software and hardware are all different, it can be a real kludge getting anything fix...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Emlid Reach

@dmyhill re: tilt. I thought any of the units with tilt using an IMU might be calibration free. Without that, I agree probably better off not using it...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Emlid Reach

@dmyhill true, but maybe not as bad as in past. Having just purchased a Leica GS18i, the base unit was $18,800 and that would include IMU tilt. Addin...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica GS18 and BeiDou

Addressed starting around the 10 minute mark in this video. SHG

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Emlid Reach

The MNDOT test is a bit dated and apparently the brands might be same, but not equipment. They appear to have tested L1 only receivers. Overnight it ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Rover Switching Base Stations

I have seen RTN's NOT pick the closest CORS, if working a small area, and close to a particular CORS, you might just use the one you want, BUT be care...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Offset?

Is this just a subset of the data shifted? I once found a string of street furniture all shifted that the crew collected, about 100% sure it was a bad...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: 2021 PLSO (Oregon) Conference

@dougie kind of wished I had known about this before signing up for PLSO, I actually wonder why Oregon didn't join the regional one? SHG

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Tunnel surveying

Worked at a place that had on in 1982-83, different model, mounted on top of standards of a T2 like an old top mount EDM. Never used it, IIRC, accurat...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: CAD vs NCAT Conversion

@cordgrass NCAT and previously NADCON are the official transformation between NAD27 and NAD83. This software uses a table of lookup values between kno...

6 years ago
Page 9 / 47