Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
If it's anything like VRS now in Illinois, no thanks. $3k a year is too much. For that, setup your own base.
It really depends on your audience since GIS uses are so diverse. One organization may value data integration while another may value heads up digitiz...
Keep him honest. Get a quote from a couple of others, making sure you're comparing apples to apples. If the difference is still huge, he will change h...
The point of my post was to give him a baseline number since none was provided by anyone else. The only difference I've noticed over the years is the...
I've got an old RTK receiver. 36 channels. Still works great.If you're only using GPS, which is perfectly fine in many cases, you just need to be able...
Use HTDP to compute the offset between the two. Then, you have control over the transformation. I wouldn't trust the data collector transformation unl...
2-3 times gross profit.Don't base it on revenue, unless you want to buy a company that is losing money.> When considering the purchase of a survey ...
Please be aware that there is no accurate way to convert between nad27 and nad83. There's software mentioned here, corpscon, but don't assume the conv...
Thanks for the invite, but the only reason I spend time on this forum is so everyone can read and benefit just like I read and benefit from other peop...
I guess your original statement gets to the crux of the matter. The issue with GLONASS becomes significant if you mix base and rover.What data do you ...
Cynical, perhaps. A better description might be practical 😉 I don't disagree, but it doesn't answer the question. There isn't suddenly a problem to ...
People have been mixing base/rovers for years since vrs, spider etc How come all of the sudden this is a "problem"?I use gps and glonass and hit my ma...
Sorry, when someone says "game changing" these days,it's usually BS.Most of us here have been using RTK for years, some for decades. If you want to ch...
Haha, I was thinking the same thing. There's lots of free stuff if you're smart about it. > "Nothing free for me."> > [sarcasm]Except the Int...
Someone has lead you astray if you believe that accuracy defines a GIS. There are GIS that require 1" accuracy and there are GIS that require 1000' ac...
Depends on your definition of "wooded area", and is "a few feet" = 3, 4, 5 ft?No Garmin or other consumer GPS handheld will meet that accuracy, consis...
There is no conversion from the original NAD83 to NAD83/2011. About the only thing you can do is occupy existing NAD83 original coordinates around you...
Wow,please ask him to post a summary when he has time. > Bruce called his Leica representative. It is a firmware problem, to be fixed within the ho...
Adding glonass will more than likely degrade the accuracy because WAAS doesn't support glonass so you'd be mixing uncorrected glonass sat data with co...
I understand. I love the Wifi hotspot feature on my phone. More than I thought I would. It's super convenient. I've never used it for all-day RTK stre...