AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Sat Al
Sat Al
@sat-al
Free
Joined: December 27, 2010 4:21 pm
Topics: 2 / Replies: 195
Reply
RE: T-Mobile & Network RTK Latency

I've ran into this, and it's always been the carrier. If it's that repeatable, a quick check would be to use the Wifi connection at your house (or McD...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Coords to Ground Coords

True, true, but I didn't want to steal your thunder. The point was well made.> I figured with a name like Sat Al you were going to go meta one more...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Coords to Ground Coords

:good: > There's no such thing as SPC! Only WGS84(2011)! If you apply a transformation you'll just wind up with some arbitrary coordinate system!...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Fake surveyor from craig's list

and what if he did it better and faster...Capitalism at work, sort of.> So...> > What if the guy did the work correctly?

12 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Status

You can use this free online tool to see how many satellites are visible in your area at a given time. Ashtech online missions planningYou can even go...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Russia could turn off GPS service over US GLONASS Impasse

Correct, no GPS monitoring stations in Russia.But I bet that some stupid US politician will grab on to this and try to use it for political leverage.&...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Network RTK vs. Post processed static observation times

Interesting. More certainly using a fast static technique. But impressive nonetheless.> > Idk what TBC does, but I really doubt that they can us...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Network RTK vs. Post processed static observation times

You're getting a fixed solution on a 50 mile baseline with a 3 min occupation?> What "used" to happen way back when in the old days of these imposs...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Network RTK vs. Post processed static observation times

Idk what TBC does, but I really doubt that they can use 30 sec interval data to do fast ambiguity resolution with a 3 minute occupation so that tells ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Things that can go wrong, with RTK GPS

I've heard the 4-6 hrs time separation is overstated. A study out of the UK showed that 40 minutes was enough change in the constellation that the ben...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Network RTK vs. Post processed static observation times

Rapid static/fast static are the same. They use an RTK-type algorithm for fast ambiguity resolution. Although you may not notice it from a user perspe...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Network RTK vs. Post processed static observation times

So, the logging rate is related to fast static vs. static, not the baseline. 30 sec interval for fast static won't work no matter what the baseline is...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Network RTK vs. Post processed static observation times

The base needs to have 5 sec interval also, and you need a shorter baseline. I bet 20 miles is too far. If you have a base within a few km and logging...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Network RTK vs. Post processed static observation times

Static post-processing doesn't use the same algorithm as RTK. Static wants data spread over time, that's why 30 sec interval works. Rapid-static is mo...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS time frames

WAASI'm writing from purely a math perspective, and maybe a vendor software perspective. Certainly not a legal one.That said, I know a lot of people w...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS time frames

WAASState Plane is a coordinate system. UTM is a coordinate system.NAD83 is a datum. ITRF is a datum. You can have SPC/NAD83 coordinates and SPC/ITRF ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS time frames

Ultra rapid vs RapidWAAS is better than that. You're probably comparing NAD83 to WAAS coordinates. WAAS is in ITRF, not NAD83. The difference is sever...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS time frames

In my experience, the only thing to look out for is UTC date changeover. If you're on east coast times, the changeover is at 8pm, currently.Sometimes ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Server or hard drive...

I backup regularly to a 1TB dual mirrored drive file server on my network. My point is that all of my backups are local. No cloud and no offsite backu...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Server or hard drive...

I would do this or get a store-bought back-up.I bought a DLink with 2 mirrored 1TB drives and connected it to my wifi network. It's slow, but does the...

12 years ago
Page 2 / 10