AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
RPlumb314
RPlumb314
@rplumb314
Member Founder
Joined: March 20, 2012 4:01 pm
Last seen: September 13, 2026 8:05 pm
Topics: 14 / Replies: 439
Reply
RE: Fess up if you have done something similar

I remember being in the wrong block in St. Paul about 1982, not long after I got my license. Details are a little fuzzy now. The lot dimensions were t...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: An honest update about the future of RPLS.com

Wendell and Angel, many thanks for all that you have done. I support the paid membership model. Money buys time, and always has--the time to get this ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Mountaintop CAD software

I'd also be interested in hearing if this problem was solved. I don't have Mountaintop, but I had a similar issue some years ago with another Unix sur...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Practical Question at My Own House: Called Rebar at Corner, But Fence Posts/Concrete Are in the Way

I once worked under a party chief with what might be called a rigid cast of mind. This was about 1974, and I was running a transit. He ordered me to s...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Help with old Deitzgen 6100 Highway Transit

You said you have already found two monuments. You might consider sighting between them to see how the bearing compares with what your survey drawing ...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: New member with collection of Wild theodolites and a question

Looking at the bottom of that tribrach, the round steel plate with the triangular bracket doesn't look like standard equipment. Perhaps it's some sort...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Help with old Deitzgen 6100 Highway Transit

Magnetic declination changes over time, and it's also different from one place to another. Using magnetic bearings to find monuments is not likely to ...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: What izz-zit?

Could be the input shaft of a manual transmission. The input shaft has a splined body which goes through a collar on the clutch disk. The collar has...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Calculating Corner by Coordinates

Here's one from MN, if all you want is an example.  

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Traverse job!!

@frankgHere's a plot, of sorts. From what you've said, it doesn't seem as though the two GPS points, PLCBK1 and PLCBK2, were actually included in the ...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Traverse job!!

@frankg, this is the .csv file displayed in Excel, with a header added-- You mentioned that PLCBK1 and PLCBK2 are the two points set with GPS. The...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

I have used "on a bearing of East." Taken in context with other bearings using DD.MMSS, this would likely be taken to mean East on the same basis of b...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Traverse job!!

Just to clarify. were you using a total station instrument? And if so, what exactly did you do at each point where you set it up? What other points di...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Traverse job!!

I could calc it if you recorded your distances, angles, etc. with pencil and paper. If so, please post them. If you recorded them electronically with ...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

Here is a very concise book on description writing, published by the state society in Minnesota-- It's a re-write of a book by Fant, Freeman, and...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: In my time as a surveyor

Here's another one by Paden, also very good--  

8 months ago
Reply
RE: P.O.B.

@john-putnam A standard note of that sort sounds like a good idea. I remember getting requests for M & B descriptions of platted parcels or aliq...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Hi everyone

Greetings from Minneapolis, USA, not as sunny and a good deal colder. There is a lot of excellent institutional memory on this site. I'm sure you will...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Survey Cyphering

This description was perhaps written by a non-surveyor who was looking at a survey drawing. That might explain the substitution of "cause" for "course...

10 months ago
Page 1 / 23