AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
RPlumb314
RPlumb314
@rplumb314
Member Founder
Joined: March 20, 2012 4:01 pm
Last seen: September 13, 2026 8:05 pm
Topics: 14 / Replies: 439
Reply
RE: Floodplain

@qb2025 Here is a screenshot from the Fulton County GIS, with elevation contours. Not sure of your parcel boundaries but this most likely includes som...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Aqua Survey Dip Needle

Does it point down with the pivot vertical so that the needle moves in a horizontal plane? Or does it point down with the needle oriented north-south ...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: AI is scary

Perhaps the moderator also didn't know that AI would grab the info and run away with it. I wouldn't have known either, since when I started surveyin...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Survey of a what?

If there's a lender involved, chances are they will want to be named in the certification. If there is no lender, the question is what party requested...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Hello and hoping to learn

I have a GTS 303, probably fairly similar. A little too far away to meet in person, but might have some advice.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Help with finding a corner pin.

Your CAD plot is hard to read, but it looks like there may have been an input error. Neither of the figures given for the chord of the curve is correc...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Help with finding a corner pin.

The difference between 98d55' and 98.95d would not move the end of a 112-ft. line 8", if that's what you mean. You may have a decimal error there. Can...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Preferred Plat Font

Lettering on the 1986 plat looks like Leroy, which would make sense for that time. Not much choice of font.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane Table Surveying - Repro Tables

Making those does look very tedious indeed. Since you have the disc tapped and are soldering the screw in, perhaps you could use 8-32 threaded rod r...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane Table Surveying - Repro Tables

Very true. No more plane-table work is needed for the Panama Canal, among other projects. What are the paper hold-down screws like?

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane Table Surveying - Repro Tables

Quite interesting! I notice the original board has strips of wood on the ends, running perpendicular to the grain of the main part of the board. I'v...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane Table Surveying - Repro Tables

So, does the Johnson head enable you to level the board? Looks as though it might have a sort of swivel action.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane Table Surveying - Repro Tables

Mike, best wishes. If you want to attach this to a tripod or to a reflector mount, I believe those threads are 5/8"-11. But maybe you have something d...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: need advice.- apartment, total station

What Jim said.I have measured hundreds of apartment units to get as-built dimensions to put on condominium plats. Never used anything but a steel tape...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Notes from the Virgin Islands

Thank you for doing this. Your statement to the Board is very eloquent.I have heard of similar abuses with regard to nominally public information, whi...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor's Statement/Certification

I have generally used something like the following--"No title policy, title commitment, or abstract was available. Therefore easements, if any, are no...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Passive 3D Stereo Monitor for historical imagery (stereo pairs)

I understand you to say that the digital images are of good quality. Is that correct? If you blow them up to large size on screen, can you see details...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Passive 3D Stereo Monitor for historical imagery (stereo pairs)

I looked at the MS 27 online. It's much better than the little 1950s table-top model that I have because it has more magnification. Do you still hav...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Passive 3D Stereo Monitor for historical imagery (stereo pairs)

I've got an old tabletop stereo viewer that stands on legs. It's set up for a distance of 4" from hardcopy photos. Each eye has to focus on a separate...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GTS-3b manual

I have re-celled handle batteries for my GTS-303b, and the 3b batteries should be much the same. Some wires have to be soldered, but the process is no...

2 years ago
Page 2 / 23