AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
ross-kinnie
ross-kinnie
@ross-kinnie
Free
Joined: August 25, 2017 5:15 pm
Topics: 0 / Replies: 21
Reply
RE: Robot lifespan

I am sure parts are getting scarce - the radio ( if you are using a leica one) is on its way out for sure - there are other options, but you will need...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Tunnel surveying

Yes a Leica T## ( the carry handle is removed) and a gyro - the gyro is setup on the surface and oriented - then taken down into the shaft where the s...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA cross section access

At the FEMA map center you can download the FIS report that has the creek profiles - always the best way to determine the flood height Alameda county ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Prism pole leg clips

One set of my bi-pod legs came with a Velcro strap which worked well - looped around the legs and the pole

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica Target Plate

GZT4, Target plate for GPH1Target plate, mountable on theGPH1 and GPR113 prism holder.Order No: 362823 Found one at FLT Geosystems

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Building Monitoring or Measuring .005' Vertical

Yes, as stated above - run your procedure several times before any site activity to assure you re getting the right results - then keep to the same pr...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Fractional Sections and Lots

BLM hold the records - many areas are online What state is this in

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Topo Shoe

I used 3/4 pvc and slotted the top for a tight fit - optional plate at the bottom for muddy creek bottoms

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Hip Chain Fans!

I also found a hip chain 2.0

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Hip Chain Fans!

I see one at Forestry supply

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica Captivated Anti-theft Option

I saw that in the PDF notes that came with the update - I never saw it before either I looked up the answer in the tech manual for the 3.0 software - ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for ways to drill small holes in concrete

There is a huge advantage in using a SDS bit - the chuck uses ball bearings to hold it so it slips back and forth -this allows most of the energy to b...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Western Regional Survey Conference suspicious e-mail

I forwarded a copy to the conference staff with my concerns - I had looked at the site, but have not made the decision to go yet I agree, it was a ver...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: BLM website

Here is a link to find township maps, notes, etc Ross

9 years ago
Reply
RE: DEM data convert to xyz

USGS has the data on?and you can search by a window - they also have many Radar/Lidar data sets along with ortho photos - usually from county-wide pho...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Lighted bar code leveling rods

I ended up attaching LED headlamps to my rod for use in the tunnel ( one at the top and one at the bottom) - I used two T squares and bent the ends, s...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Safety best suggestions for passive robots

A hunters vest - orange but not reflective some are about 50 bucks

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Which is better, if either?

Many of the photos in GE are not Ortho's - so height plays a part in locations - a GPS reading would not have this bias

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Instrument Setups in Mud

I would use the 2x4 and then use lath and screws to link them together - I also would make it a short and mostly vertical setupAll the mud might move ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What are the uses of Clear colored inverted marking paint ?

It also acts as a UV blocker - if you put clear over other paint it will not fade as fast (2-3 times as longer) - if not in a high traffic areaalso th...

9 years ago
Page 1 / 2