AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
PaulC
PaulC
@paulc
Free
Joined: November 22, 2013 4:47 am
Topics: 3 / Replies: 14
Reply
RE: Mozy v Google Drive v DropBox etc...

yeah I'd see it more of a proper archive for old stuff. do you need instant access to all 525GB of data? keep your newer stuff in a free service like ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Mozy v Google Drive v DropBox etc...

i read baout Amazon Glacier a while back, but it might not have the easy access you require. crash plan is also mentioned in the article

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble S6 standby mode

cheers lee, I'll give it a go next time I'm set up

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1104
Reply
RE: Do you use a password manager/vault?

been using lastpass for quite a few years - no hassle extensions for almost any browser, i use it for passwords and card details

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Cloud Storage

I was surprised at ubuntu one being pulled, i used it for personal stuff and sugarsync for work.since sugarsync started charging I've switched to copy...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS back online yet?

Wondered why my base station had gone offline during the night...got it back working at 07:30 GMT

13 years ago
Reply
RE: T02 file not showing

Start the base receiver with RTK and logging using a here point, and start the rover in RTK to do the survey - then shift the survey once you've proce...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Shipbuilding

Recently a few of our guys have gone on to be dimensional control surveyors in the offshore industry. One is on a rig in the North Sea and the other a...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS use 101 by builders

combine the nice straight line of the building with a decent measuring tape for a quicker and more accurate setting out method!

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Gons? from the distance, angles and bearings thread

all true, guys on site still talk in imperial and all survey and setting out done in metric. I couldn't imagine doing it in imperial.last year I had t...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 938
Reply
RE: Spectra Precision User Hostile Marketing Policies and Softwa

Using an S6 I find can re establish a lock fairly quick with the tracklight and joystick option, especially if the ambient light isn't too bright.on t...

13 years ago