AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
paul-d
paul-d
@paul-d
Free
Joined: July 7, 2010 2:12 pm
Last seen: November 21, 2025 9:02 am
Topics: 23 / Replies: 465
Reply
RE: Bad dates

I am no GPS guru by any means, however I have seen similar issues in the past. Is it possible that you are recording data before the receiver has sync...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Instrument Carrying Policies

Always in the case or backpack. Only place I ever worked where they kept it on was a mortgage survey mill in Michigan at the beginning of my surveying...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: interesting choice of road name

Chuckle every time I see this while driving back home to Michigan.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Career change to Surveyor from I.T.

> Do surveyors ever have to give presentations or frequently be on call? Yes on presentations, to planning boards, zoning boards, clients, etc., as...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 561
Reply
RE: What are these files?

Thank you for the replies, I appreciate all the help.

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 1871
Reply
RE: Eloma

I asked the eLOMA manager why we kept getting audited and he said it was possibly because we do not submit a large volume electronically (many of our ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Recording someone elses plat

29 Years Is A Long TimeAround here folks will record old surveys (we only have county registries-what is a county surveyor?;-) )but they are clearly ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Black Hills Forest Reserve No. 1

Woods in the Black WoodsBaby Buffalo?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Monument Placement Laws and Regulations

State of New Hampshire, from LAN 500: Lan 503.08 Monumentation Of Boundary and Subdivision Surveys. (a) Monuments shall be set so that up...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence

Are you encountering that the paved surface of the road is not 49.5'? This is a common misconception, when speaking of the "road", in this instance, w...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: When is the lot / parcel created in Pennsylvania?

I was under the impression that as soon as the plan was recorded the lots were created, ergo the simultaneous conveyance of subdivisions idea. I do re...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Foresters

Echoing what Jim said an excerpt from the NH statute governing land surveyors 310-A:74 Exemptions. – This subdivision shall not be construed to pr...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Requesting Photos of Early USGS Bench Marks

Pulpit Rock-PID OC0442Monumented UnknownFirst Documented Recovery 1912

13 years ago
Reply
RE: craigslist

> And, here is one, that is willing to "Tell you how to fix it".> per-say. If it's in quotes does that make it less racist?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Use of a rod

I believe in Boundary Control and Legal Principals, it is put forth that you should assume that those ancient measurements were along the ground unles...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Inappropriate Fonts

I certainly agree with those sentiments. Very pleased to have min. text size, some older plats are completely illegible for the reasons you cite.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Inappropriate Fonts

I don't know what the standards are where you are but here the smallest text can be on a recorded plan is .08". This ensures that the text is reproduc...

14 years ago
Page 21 / 25