AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
paul-d
paul-d
@paul-d
Free
Joined: July 7, 2010 2:12 pm
Last seen: November 21, 2025 9:02 am
Topics: 23 / Replies: 465
Reply
RE: Opinions on Ancient ROW Lines

Vermont law has required that roads be surveyed within two years of being laid out since at least 1781, or they should not be deemed lawful. A 1782 la...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Opinions on Ancient ROW Lines

I do agree that the language of the statue is fairly clear, things are different in NH where there is no such statue. These are situations where there...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 29
Views: 1970
Reply
RE: Poll

What is "sales tax"?? 😛 Round here we just have meals and room tax (to get all those tourists).

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Am I in the wrong? -Ethics

> > In that context, I would pick two horizontal points, and a bench to hold, and go forth and stake. I would probably include my findings and ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Am I in the wrong? -Ethics

Appreciate the replies, already long out the door. Just wanted to get some thoughts for future reference from the older and more experienced heads. Co...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 15
Views: 870
Reply
RE: FEMA

Try the FEMA Online LOMC . When going through creating the application there is a info box that pops up saying that you may not need the elevation for...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Railroad Property Line Marking

In NH and ME boundary surveys can be recorded at the registry, in VT they can be recorded at the town. No requirement though, except for subdivisions.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Licensing in NH

I took the exam just a couple years back. It is closed book, about 50 questions if I remember correctly. I highly recommend the "Putting It All Togeth...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Taking the FS exam in another state

In NH anyone can take the FS. When I took it several years ago there was a contingent of guys from PA there taking it for just that reason.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Mulford's Boundaries and Landmarks

I have a pdf of the book that I downloaded from Google Books some years ago. I believe it is in the public domain.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: it's friday, of course this is how it starts.

Seeing that too. Just got an email today saying a client who has been looking to buy a piece of property for over three months needs an ALTA on a 200 ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: My control point went missing.

I always use pink for anything to do with the property lines, orange for my control. That way I just tell the property owner or interested abutters th...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: New Hampshire perambulation in trouble

That is at the intersection of the Newbury, Sutton, and New London town lines.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Barbed wire

You can also look for weevil deformed pines, they are only present when the pine saplings were in direct sunlight, this can help you age the time of a...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: New Hampshire perambulation in trouble

The NH Municipal Association performed a survey in 2010 about perambulations in NH, Perambulation Survey Results. Interesting that most seem to be awa...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: More Local Government gone amok

Just a little secret, if you write FEMA a letter as part of a LOMA application requesting that they determine the BFE for the flooding source at the s...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodesy article - How many errors can you find

Hate to break it to ya but Fig Newtons are named after Newton, MA not the man. :snarky:

12 years ago
Page 16 / 25