AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
paul-d
paul-d
@paul-d
Free
Joined: July 7, 2010 2:12 pm
Last seen: November 21, 2025 9:02 am
Topics: 23 / Replies: 465
Reply
RE: Introduction and a question

Don't go bananas on the PLSS stuff. Know the basics, I took it the first closed book version and there was very little on it. Being from a colonial st...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: eLOMA...flooding source name

Yes, the name of the lake, river, etc.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Flood Insurance Rating Co/ Practicing without License?

> On the bright side, it's my understanding that, in the event it's ultimately determined that the structure is above BFE, any premiums paid out as...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Reporting area

What I hate to seeI take your point, but are you not simply reporting the area of the closed figure you are representing as the boundary? I understand...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Funny meaning and intending clause

Yes, the surveyor bent the line, ignored called for monuments in doing so, and also ignored an unequivocal call for a straight line in both the deed h...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 1035
Reply
RE: MySitePlan.com wowzers....

This is part of a larger issue. I have been to ZBA meetings in, for around here, large cities/towns, where the chair states during the meeting that th...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Minimum Trip Charge

We have a three hour minimum as well.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Junior/Senior Rights

By statute NH is a notice state, but race-notice by case law. I appreciate all the comments, I am still working on the job and will likely uncover mor...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Junior/Senior Rights

It does have that particular smell about it, however there are conveyances out of the parent ranging from 1941-1959.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Junior/Senior Rights

Agreed, but of course the abutters deed calls out my clients predecessor in title as abutters in similar fashion.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Junior/Senior Rights

I agree that the monument holds, issue is that 1) there are no stake and stones out there, just pipes set by who knows, and 2) there are monuments mis...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 18
Views: 2382
Reply
RE: Becoming a LLS

That is unfortunate. Good luck in the new field, people always need septic systems. Are you a permitted designer? If not I recommend it, that test is ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Description Style

Wattles says, regarding A Distance Of:"Used to separate different kinds of numbers and to prevent errors in distances, such as:'to the corner of said ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: LOMR-F

I believe they want the lowest elevation of the portion to be removed. Poorly worded, but that is FEMA.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Michigan Surveyors

Fair enough Bruce. I've never worked out your way. I have never received a title report for any of the many, many boundary surveys I have worked on.

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 1122
Reply
RE: FIS BFE

I too have been sold this bill of goods. Natural ground surrounding the LAG higher than the BFE, told by FEMA when I called that I could send a topogr...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: FIS BFE

Unless I am mistaken, I believe his issue is not how to determine the BFE from the FIS profile, but where on the profile he should be taking it based ...

12 years ago
Page 17 / 25