AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Precisely locating your control network in absolute terms?

Rtk just get 3 - 5 mm out of your head for every day surveying. That is tighter than the manufacturer specs before you start. That for gps gnss is get...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Precisely locating your control network in absolute terms?

Yeah rover and norm ok. All give great advice. A rule of thumb is not not process baselines that are shorter than about 800 ft NGS provides guidance o...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS RTK Accuracy

I like the way you think. In the big picture 5 minutes is nothing. It takes most people longer than that to set a total station up over the point not ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS RTK Accuracy

Yep you nailed it again. Bare minimum 180 3 minutes for my control and boundary corners. Period anything less go back and so it again. I have tested N...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble installation manager won't load latest updates

I finally got to update ours today. Arghh what a head a he with one. Somehow he or another person that is a so called expert met him on a job Friday ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Things you need to know you WILL NOT learn in a class

The cattle are friendly means only one thing. They will be all up in your grill. Worse than a cat scratching at your leg lol. My girls made pets out o...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: First Aid Kit in an Altoids tin

I have been lucky up until recent years. Back when I was running an Instrument as an I man no hard hay nor safety glasses or gloves. But like you said...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS RTK Accuracy

Well we can test. Through redundancy and building in independent checks but for topo that goes out the window no one is going to shoot a bunch of grou...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: First Aid Kit in an Altoids tin

Oh i hope i did not imply i was upset with the safety guy. He was nice the whole time. I was not in compliance but i had no idea what all was either. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: First Aid Kit in an Altoids tin

I might have some under the front seat now that looks exactly like that. When I first started with this company like my 2nd week. I had to drive 70 mi...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Trimble Access Question

Are you doing mostly like lot surveys or altas. Heck other than adjustments and qa/qc you could simply export the linework straight from access. If al...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Trimble Access Question

If its when you return to site and just want them to know what they have already located or a different crew I simply export a dxf or even a dwg acces...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: First Aid Kit in an Altoids tin

This ine went through leather gloves and into the thumb. I kept re wrapping it everyday for a week. I didn’t think it would ever seal up as well. Me ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS RTK Accuracy

Jhframe. I have not yet been able to use a javad. But have talked with people who work for javad and or distribute it and use it personally. Javad i h...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS RTK Accuracy

Hey take that same data set. Grab 1 epoch at each hour mean it compare it to the mean of all 3hrs. Then take 10 epochs at each hour mean it compare it...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: First Aid Kit in an Altoids tin

I thought those tin cans were for extra plumb bob tips or tacs. Lol. Although I wish i would have had one set up for a first aid kit not long ago. I d...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS RTK Accuracy

What has been stated by you and others are very well articulated. I am not so sure my mind can appropriately get the words out but i will give a few b...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Vest! Do they still make something like this?

I have had some stuff over the years from Filson. Always seemed to be quality material and hold up well. I am really thinking of getting my wife’s Au...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Quick Boundary related question. A first for me seeing this.

Very true. I think the LS is getting some of that info. Hopefully i will get a chance to look at that but we are so swamped right now before holidays ...

3 years ago
Page 44 / 139