AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: How do you plan your control networks given a supplied accuracy spec?

You said a nasty word. PLAN. That is a no no word in surveying from what I hear. Just go get it done lol. Just kidding but from what i have seen l...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Bringing Survey gear on the plane?

TSA can get worked up over items for sure. I came home by non military flight once. I was armed and so was my team. This was right after 911 and ever...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Bringing Survey gear on the plane?

PVC is awesome. Used to make deer and turkey feeders . Potato guns as a kid . Varmint catchers , guard stake’s plumbing . Survey gear protectors. I me...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Bringing Survey gear on the plane?

The fly rod tube looks good. I made some from pvc pipe and spray in foam. We even pop riveted handles. Used clean outs and had pop riveted a small cha...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I’m obsolete

The old freezers and such last way longer. My first freezer and fridge were given to me by my parents when i got married the first time. They we’re a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: SNL and merry ho ho

Now that’s living. Nice set up. It has been a while since I was able to visit the last frontier state. The last time i was there was for work and ju...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I’m obsolete

I keep my skills up using my 300 ft steel tape on the farm. Lol. Of course chaining pins used as well because i am solo much of the time. I can’t deny...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I’m obsolete

It is in everything. Tv’s washing machines and other appliances. I enjoy technology but. The whole approach of its done throw it away is not a good d...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New equipment purchase

Had a 5601. Old CU face plate. It was non robotic. Heavy but did what we needed. Used to triangulate obstructions and some geodetic traverses. Dumb bo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New equipment purchase

Thats not completely true. You can level the robot with instrument itself. You don’t need a data collection to fine level the S series robot. You can...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New equipment purchase

I don’t think either trimble or leica will give you any issues. For what you are doing. Really i would get a demo of both and or loaner and see which ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Fancy Tribrach

Make sure you turn the measure up adapter out correctly and it will fall into place. The measure up of that S notch and your s series bottom notch wil...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Fancy Tribrach

I agree 100%. It is a good kit for sure. I just wish i had more than one set for 3 crews.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New equipment purchase

If you go between leica and Trimble give a bit more of the the type of work environment you work in. I like Trimble and the way I can improve work flo...

3 years ago
Page 43 / 139