AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Quick Boundary related question. A first for me seeing this.

Well no adjoining owners. Roads and river. Parcel to north same owner. This whole area was completely wiped out by floods. Yes two different ones. One...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Quick Boundary related question. A first for me seeing this.

Thank you. I will check this out. I am pretty familiar with NRCS maps and such as i used that for making farm decisions etc. I appreciate the link.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Quick Boundary related question. A first for me seeing this.

Sorry for the late response. It’s been a busy week and in no cell zones. I have not. Yet. We had a road trip of jobs. 5.5hrs monday drive to one job. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble r12i vs r780

TSC2 were windows mobile if I remember correct prior to that were TSCe. Windows ce net. The TSC2 were good for their day for sure. Could do a lot with...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Party/Crew Chief calculating and setting pins?

HP 32s II is what I started with in the field it was a must. It was issued to us as we progressed. We had exactly what you stated. A field package tha...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Trimble Access Question

Yeah so it can be handled a different way. Say crew A has point range they also need sting range so ep - ep9 B team ep10-ep20. Etc. . Where they are g...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble r12i vs r780

Different HZ and VT specs as well I believe. R12i is 8mm hz R780 10mm but i could be wrong on that. It reminds me of a mini me 4800 chicken bucket fro...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the up front investment.

Yeah I watched during covid trucks selling for above sticker prices. My 21 F350 is tge base model as well. I searched for a while to get one that had ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Party/Crew Chief calculating and setting pins?

Exactly. Cogo commandos. You can appthis whole scenario to what we did in the 90’s on construction staking jobs as well. Where new road curb and gutte...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the up front investment.

What you state by saying start out as one man band and get comfortable with all aspects of the business is some wise advice. Before you take on the re...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the up front investment.

I have two 300 ft add tapes steel. One still in the box with calibrations paperwork from navy to invar. Lol. I use one to lay out paddocks. I have cha...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the up front investment.

I believe you on the ink and cartridge. That stuff will cost you your first born just for home use. Lol. We don’t even have a home printer anymore for...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Party/Crew Chief calculating and setting pins?

I didn’t use translate and rotate that much but it was standard protocol for us. We would be mentored and a plan of attack by the LS very much like Ho...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the up front investment.

Living expenses. Yeah. I guess i would approach that just like the emergency fund for personal home. Have 6 months setting just encase it rains or m...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the up front investment.

If i were on my own thats what i would love to do is just rural boundaries. Thats why i came back to land surveying side. I missed the boundary work. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the up front investment.

Oh wow so 200k is an reasonable number. I guess i was way high. And that 200k is with latest and greatest. 50k for a truck yikes. I didn’t pay that fo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the up front investment.

Yeah borrowing money stinks for sure. I probably will never launch a survey business but who knows. I already running a farm and should be turning th...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Standard Setup on Resect-Solution after Resection?

One thing i am totally misunderstanding is you use TRK and semi active passive etc. TRK is the EDM period so distance only. The Passive and semi pass...

3 years ago
Page 45 / 139