AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 5:33 am
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: Virtual Pin Cushions

My response was regarding what Jim in AZ wrote: "Reporting that the property corner is 0.11' west and 0.03' south of a found monument is stupid and mi...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Virtual Pin Cushions

Context is everything. An example: on a recent project, research gathered in the vicinity yielded a surveyor‰Ûªs map with notes such as you describe. ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't Rock the Rod!

John, post: 389608, member: 791 wrote: That looks very similar to what I heard referred to as a "Philly" (as in Philadelphia) Rod. I never saw the tar...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't Rock the Rod!

Is there any way to get a Chicago Rod. The Chicago rod is available with three or four sections that, instead ofsliding, are joined at the end to each...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't Rock the Rod!

Thank you everyone. I respect your preferences.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't Rock the Rod!

So, given that the circumstances you describe can be overcome there would be no difference.

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 34
Views: 3699
Reply
RE: Deep Thoughts

That is a sad story Andy. OSHA training for entry into confined spaces should be mandatory. Unfortunately construction workers are not hired for their...

10 years ago
Topic
10 years ago
Replies: 3
Views: 990
Reply
RE: Survey Distance Measurements in 1974

Greg Rodger, post: 385264, member: 11989 wrote: Have you tried looking for the original field notes? I usually write my inst + model down on every pr...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Distance Measurements in 1974

Peter Ehlert, post: 385091, member: 60 wrote: where are you?as you can see from the other comments Location matters.In 1971-73 Northern California mos...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 51
Views: 1769
Reply
RE: Curve description -- seemingly simple question

Mathematically it is only a line that is tangent to a curve. There is no curve that is tangent to a line.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Zone A

I agree with you MightyMoe. The cross sections would be the basis for a hydraulic study of the area. The client is an individual interested in purchas...

10 years ago
Topic
10 years ago
Replies: 7
Views: 937
Reply
RE: GA-52 or the Maggie

There is no "flaw in the box" if the box you mean is the top of the instrument where the batteries and circuits are held. The GA-52 instruction manual...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The (Theoretical) Advantage of Aluminum Caps

Nice survey work. I would be pleased to find a monument like that. However I am wondering what the difference is between a rock mound and a stone moun...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Responsible charge

Thank you for your replies, everyone. Bionic Man: While I would certainly like to see the scene you propose, that is not the situation we have here. T...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 27
Views: 1467
Page 57 / 62