Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 8, 2026 5:33 am
I know that AutoCAD Civil 3D has a least squares analysis program. Why not learn to use that and save some money. People on this forum are fond of one...
Thank you. I was once of the opinion that a merger could only occur by having the surveyor map the two adjacent lots as one. However this case has cau...
I didn't think that yellow field books were permitted. Just the orange...
Hiring a surveyor is not optional. Surveying is a regulated profession. Surveying by anyone other than a land surveyor is considered unlicensed practi...
Just like my example with the meter stick. I could accurately estimate the height of the flagpole. However surveying is not purely a mathematical game...
I had a meter stick in college. We were tasked with measuring the height of a flagpole using the meter stick.
Peter Lothian is correct. The variable width right-of-way is a myth. There are many sources of information not usually or easily identified. Only a di...
Hi, I asked my attorney for an opinion on this and it is not a conflict of interest. The designer needed more data and made the determination that the...
My suspicions were correct. The grading plan elevations indicated slopes in the wrong direction that would not have made for correct drainage. The sur...
Tommy Young, post: 363467, member: 703 wrote: The truth hurts. So what does your statement mean? Either you are a big fan of someone who continuousl...
It is certainly misguided and more likely libelous to make such statements. I blame this on Jeffrey Lucas and his constant nagging about the "slapping...
[admin note: leave politics out of it] What is the threat that is occurring here? Is it a bunch of complaining without any real knowledge of what you ...
not my real name, post: 354825, member: 8199 wrote: The compass (or whatever you call it) from the original post above appears to be showing a bearing...
The compass (or whatever you call it) from the original post above appears to be showing a bearing of 24 and one-half degrees northwest on the line of...
paden cash, post: 354801, member: 20 wrote: Gawd, you kids are going to drive me crazy with this..... First, it is NOT really a compass, it is a surve...
So if "There really is a good reason for the placement of the E & W..." what is it? Not all forms of compass have this peculiarity. Is it only sur...