AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 5:33 am
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: Prism carriers with level bubble

I am trying to illustrate the value of a rotating tribrach adapter with an optical plummet. If you rotate a tribrach adapter that does not have an opt...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Prism carriers with level bubble

Thank you. The picture I posted is a stock photograph from Google, but, it's the type of adapter I have and use. I'm sure your equipment manufacturer ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Prism carriers with level bubble

Sorry, but, I don't agree. Level up and sight the point through the optical plummet on the adapter. Rotate the adapter 180 degrees and sight again. If...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Prism carriers with level bubble

The optical plummet should be on a rotating prism adapter and not on the tribrach. That way if you sight the point through the optical plummet and the...

9 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Words of Wisdom?

Surface tension is definitely a property that comes with water, but, it is not unique to water. Intermolecular forces are what hold a liquid together....

9 years ago
Topic
9 years ago
Replies: 10
Views: 610
Reply
RE: Fraud or Graft?

Dan Patterson, post: 450846, member: 1179 wrote: You don't think they'll be able to get variances granted for existing nonconformities? If he's not m...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Fraud or Graft?

I think the main trick here is that (at least in this town) the property containing a former residence had been foreclosed and remained vacant for a p...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Fraud or Graft?

Your responses are predictable and I agree in general terms. However, these foreclosed properties are owned by a bank. Don't they have any ethical res...

9 years ago
Topic
9 years ago
Replies: 33
Views: 1615
Reply
RE: Exterior grade plan mailbox

The title of your post made me think of this... Attached files

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Let's get those survey monuments described

CFASASIMOU = Couldn't find a standard abbreviation so I made one up. Everyone will call it a pin anyway.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Creating Centerlines in Carlson Survey

In my experience rural highways did not have curved layouts, unless, they were done in ƒ??modern timesƒ?.Research to find the layout, and, evidence t...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Google earth quiz

I would have to say yes. However, we have a state agency with its own Ortho Rectified Aerial Imagery. Although our state's data layers are harder to u...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What happened to the Survey Tacks?

Stakes are often mistakenly called hubs. To hub a stake is the act of driving the stake flush with the ground.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Stone wall found

New England states were not slave states and the amount of indentured servants was minimal.

9 years ago
Topic
9 years ago
Replies: 36
Views: 3140
Reply
RE: What are the uses of Clear colored inverted marking paint ?

Another free advertisement for the big box that put all the real hardware stores out of business.

9 years ago
Page 53 / 62