AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 5:33 am
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: Job Interview Questions for an Instrument Man

Just hire someone that is smart and especially someone not "mentored" in the ancient arts. My goal is to enjoy my job working with these people and if...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Total station advice

I'd start with a partial station first to get some experience.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Witness Corner

Thank you to everyone that posted a comment and to those that read this post too. I really liked the ideas and had thought about encasing it with a pi...

8 years ago
Topic
8 years ago
Replies: 17
Views: 1394
Reply
RE: MA - ANR plan for non building lot

There is a problem with the language here. Clearly when a new line is created to split land into two or more parcels it is a subdivision. However when...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Used Epoch 50ƒ??s w/ Survey Pro

I have no experience with the hardware or software you are writing about. One thing that I keyed on was the use of a serial to USB bridge. That is one...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Road moved

I routinely find records of road layouts from colonial times. As early as 1700 there are records of highway (road) layouts. You mean to tell me that a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Road moved

The road refers to the layout, however that was accomplished. The road is not the pavement. I think it is silly to hide behind the different interpret...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Road moved

The "road" has, at the very least, a width in the historic record?ÿ with reference to the record layout. To me, the purpose of surveying is to find th...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: New Format Mr. Sid

Here is a link to LizardTech. They are the creators of the MrSID compression technology. They offer a free viewer that may export to different formats...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Pythagoras

I am glad you learned to type. Especially now that we all have keyboards. When I wanted to take typing classes in high school the faculty frowned on t...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Pythagoras

Maybe they just got tired of cursing, and, wanted something more intellectual. Seriously, the fault I see in the education system is that no considera...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Am I that far off?

Not really. I had to Google that. So sorry for the people in Oregon.

9 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Am I that far off?

What does "on the light side" mean. I was even more at a loss when you said "a third or a half of Dave's number". It is serious difficult to understan...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Crash

The memory upgrade is coming next week.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction Stake reading 101

Ha ha. I see what you mean.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction Stake reading 101

I always ask the the contractor, or better, the equipment operator what would make it easy for them. Better to have it plain before construction, and,...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Crash

I should add that the old computer now has 512 megabytes (MB) of memory. I can't increase the memory for my software that is designed to address that ...

9 years ago
Topic
9 years ago
Replies: 5
Views: 1243
Page 52 / 62