AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 7, 2026 7:16 pm
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: Bucket (found).

@bill-c Nice! ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Bucket (found).

@bill-c I'm jealous. 🙂 ?ÿ

6 years ago
Topic
6 years ago
Replies: 10
Views: 790
Reply
RE: BMs in Trees

@norman-oklahoma Keep your mask on and they'll never catch you.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: BMs in Trees

@bill-c Pre-rusted costs extra. 🙂  

6 years ago
Reply
RE: BMs in Trees

@dmyhill No, You can buy new ones. 

6 years ago
Reply
RE: BMs in Trees

@james-vianna Yes, when I worked for the railroad, they said it in one of our seminars. Scrap or loose is not okay to take. Also if you are in the r...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: BMs in Trees

@jph Agreed. They are not my preference. Nor are utility poles.  I was embarrassed to work on one project where the previous surveyor had place...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: BMs in Trees

Setting bench marks in trees is never valid.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plastic Survey Caps

@holy-cow They were great about it. However, I quickly learned I would never make any money rhyming.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Incredible

Update. We took a measurement with a ruler and?ÿ the depth of water over the spillway is only 0.02 feet.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plastic Survey Caps

I started out?ÿ studying Plastics Engineering. What I found out was so vile, I dropped out to become a poet.?ÿ Fortunately, I found Land Surveying an...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Incredible

I'm surprised too. Perhaps the shallow depth, a steep angle of incidence and compensating errors are the explanation. I am going to try to repeat th...

6 years ago
Topic
6 years ago
Replies: 5
Views: 666
Reply
RE: Water Surface Elevation

@mightymoe I am learning the history of the area surrounding the pond and it seems to have been constructed to serve as a recreational area. I have ye...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Water Surface Elevation

@dougie I'm applying to FEMA for a letter of map amendment on two properties at the pond. 

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Water Surface Elevation

@dmyhill We'll be using the level and rod for an elevation at the pond. One hundredth may be achievable. The data is for an elevation certificate and...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Water Surface Elevation

@jules-j It would be a bucket with no bottom that would interrupt any surface motion inside while keeping the elevation the same. Pascal's principle.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Water Surface Elevation

@dougie No I'm not looking for an accurate elevation. I want the most precise method. I gave an example of my professor's project using five years of ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Water Surface Elevation

@john-nolton Well... as precise as you can get it. Think about the stake suggested by field dog or the method I planned to use. As an example, if yo...

6 years ago
Page 41 / 62