AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 7, 2026 7:16 pm
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: These look good in concept, why were't they more popular?

I use those exclusively. The advantage of the rotating adapter is that you are able to be completely assured of centering unlike a tribrach with an op...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plot Plan

@ncsudirtman Thank you.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plot Plan

@bill-c Those regulations are interesting. I do not see how one could produce such a map without surveying though, do you? If there was a property th...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plot Plan

@one-cup-o-joe Ha ha.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plot Plan

@lurker You are right. They are looking for someone to assume the liability.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plot Plan

@jph Aren't all plans plotted? Yes, I am in Massachusetts so I know about the bank "surveys" and I thought the Board requested the term Mortgage Loa...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plot Plan

@mightymoe Me too.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plot Plan

@toivo1037 That would be correct. I also agree that if there was a recent survey of the property and there were fresh marks the situation might diffe...

6 years ago
Topic
6 years ago
Replies: 22
Views: 1822
Reply
RE: Skewed Sidewalks

@jp7191 Good work! Thank you.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: You're Obsolete...

@holy-cow Try wearing some blinking lights instead of the reflective vest. Others may think you are a robot.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Skewed Sidewalks

@holy-cow I often wonder why DIG SAFE is not marking survey monuments as part of their adventures in coloring our streets. OSHA has already assigned ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Skewed Sidewalks

We encountered a stone from an 1812 layout lying on the ground next to a newly installed utility pole. I was shocked at the ignorance of the utility c...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 858
Reply
RE: ** ABSOLUTELY NO POLITICS **

The original poster's avatar was offensive. The same poster has used offensive avatars in the past. I don't see any reason to consider a post to be us...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: ** ABSOLUTELY NO POLITICS **

It's not a shame. I'm glad it was deleted.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: plan folding

I fold them face out with the title block showing if possible. Then I write the plan book, page and the record date in the margin. It took a while bef...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How is centerline, and stationing defined?

@john-putnam In our jurisdiction the law requires that long standing fences be used in the absence of other evidence. In early times it was common th...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How is centerline, and stationing defined?

The highway boundary is a boundary like any other. Monuments control the boundary. In absence of monuments, long standing fences and the face of stone...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Minor Site Plan

@mike-marks In the requirements for a minor site plan as define by the town zoning bylaw are boundary, topography with contours at two feet interval, ...

6 years ago
Page 38 / 62