AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: GPS guided highway lane line layout?

This brings to mind... Two philosophies of tying into roads, r/w's and c/l's.?ÿ 1.) Tie mid of painted lines... That's all folks! (Easy to gps!) 2.) T...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: State requires survey accuracy statement...

I don't work for Javad. But they have a routine for this. It compiles, and gives you information in the field. You can compare relative accuracy in th...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: "Fence line" survey or Boundary survey?

I've had that work out quite well before. I had the whole neighborhood already "controled" so, just staking one line, stirred the pot. Then, it morphe...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey 2018 W/ IntelliCAD

Printer driver issues, would be my guess. I got a virus once, as a print driver. I had to re install.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Bases of bearings(sic)

By the way.... Javad has got a tool now, called J-mate. It's a mini, camera based, robot, that is integrated with gps. With it, you COULD do a solar o...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Bases of bearings(sic)

If a plat says: "Basis of bearings is true north" It means that at SOME point, either on, or near the survey, that either a sunshot, celestial observa...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Help me identify this

Get descriptive. Don't fret, if you cannot identify the make, model, and year of the farm implement it came off of. Fd steel shaft, xx dia. Protruding...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Bases of bearings(sic)

@MightyMoe you are right. We know what was meant... (I think!) Clear understanding and articulation of metadata though, should be a part of what we ar...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Video for surveyors. Do work faster!

@Klever What are you? Developer? Programmer? Etc. Most surveyors are more than surveyors. We are innovators, and cobblers of some sort. N

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Regulation and Ethics question

To me, having tried very hard for many yrs to do good work, that company should have all their tripods broken. With an axe. It's simply a company that...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Bases of bearings(sic)

I'd like it to be State Law, in all states that: Spc be used as BOB on all surveys. Proper zone shown. Or if it's not, then theta or convergency angle...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Odd thing happened, points staked about 4.5' off

Did you start the job with autonomous, opus it, and shift the coords by your 4-5 ft amount, (in the office) then load design coords back into data col...

8 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Hi from Texas. I am no surveyor.

And stuff we wish we didn't! N

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Topo Shoe

Duct tape, and a tennis ball.

8 years ago
Page 120 / 527