AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 983
Reply
RE: GNSS receiver recommendation

I-gauge I'm hearing good about. Easy on the wallet. I'm generally a Javad fan. But, I can see situations where Javad's progress, and your need to get ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Fractional Sections and Lots

Yes, and many landowners ha e a copy in their abstract. It is essential that you find, and study. And rely on these. Go to courthouse, ask at county c...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: EMERSON Rosemount 475 Field Communicator HART for sale

Well, it's great to fuss about a device, with this name, and nobody seems to know what it is. I was not picking on the OP. Maybe that's how some of my...

8 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Fire Hydrants as Benchmarks

We did a project in Chicago, where the city had been using a fire plug for elev. for a long time. Trouble was, it was 1/2 foot off. That whole interse...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: How far would you level a benchmark into a site

In real flat areas, where drainage is slow, and sewer flow rates are marginal, and natural flow is critical, then gps is out. In steeper areas, where ...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 1030
Reply
RE: EMERSON Rosemount 475 Field Communicator HART for sale

@Bill93, If he could communicate what it is, it would help. It's like machine language... Says alot, but leaves me feeling stupid, and in the dark... ...

8 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Larry Phipps

Rip to Larry Phipps. N

8 years ago
Reply
RE: How far would you level a benchmark into a site

Bill above is so right about fire plugs. They are not stable. Water temperature varies. Water lines shrink, and contract. Pressures change. City moves...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: How far would you level a benchmark into a site

I've run 2-1/2 miles one direction. Always a closed loop. Accuracy? Less than a tenth. As I recall, it closed by 0.07' Record to 0.001' via interpolat...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: EMERSON Rosemount 475 Field Communicator HART for sale

But, what's it for? What's it's purpose? Will it facilitate communication with a realtor? Or, with a stubborn cow? ?ÿ

8 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: EMERSON Rosemount 475 Field Communicator HART for sale

@Wendell what is this thing? I googled it. Still cannot figure it out. ?ÿ

8 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Manhole Depth Measurement

Thanks @Murphy. Surveyors are taught from day one, to be self-sacrificing, dirt digging, shonestedt wielding, transit running, machete wielding, tick ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Manhole Depth Measurement

I used to dip structures in Chicago. Lots of good ideas to "chew on" here! 🙂 N

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Classic Leica/Novatel/Trimble vs New low cost Multi-Band RTK receivers

Some are... But you have to have a data collector to work with it. @Mark Silver sells some lower cost receivers. But, they work with Carlson data coll...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Methods, Myth ?

There's room for a book, about practical application of gps, along with excellent, good, and poor procedure. Not too big of a book, but one that cover...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 744
Page 119 / 527