AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: State requires survey accuracy statement...

Trimble Access can do this for you if you've taken multiple shots with the same "Name" then store them as "store another". If your DC can't calc the p...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Reciprocity and PR licensing

NCrequires an example plat be provided for their review. This can be time consuming but the NC Board is generally easy to communicate with and can pro...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Regulation and Ethics question

"You can be held for ethical reason buy not legally liable if you're not sealing it. That's the word from the BOE. As I suspected it would be." ?ÿ I w...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1198
Reply
RE: Regulation and Ethics question

In NC, a PLS must adhere to minimum standard regardless of who seals the final plat or report.?ÿ Even if your boss seals all the office's survey produ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Loan Officer Request

Show it on the sketch and lable it "Existing Mobile Home TO BE REMOVED AT CLOSING" I had a similar request about five years ago. I told them I was obl...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Marking bounday every 100 ft

I used to blaze and paint for the Forest Service around the White Mountains in NH.?ÿ We were required to blaze everything then come back in a couple o...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: State regulated practices

NC?ÿdefines topographic mapping, horizontal and vertical control surveys, and construction staking as being land surveying protected practices with th...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Salary question on another forum (not from me)

It wasn't easy.?ÿ I had to move away from family and friends in Maine and NH when the economy tanked.?ÿ My wife supported me during that period while ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Salary question on another forum (not from me)

I started at $14/hour in 2009 and in less than ten years I'm just shy of six figures.?ÿ When asking for more money I never once mentioned the going ra...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 541
Reply
RE: Courthouse access

NC is all over the place.?ÿ Many counties are fully online, others will be scanned back to the 1970s.?ÿ I've long known that a little bit of power can...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Actual Degree in Surveying

A.S. Surveying Technology from White Mountains C. C. in Berlin, NH (best money I ever spent, thanks Dave Carlisle) B.S. in Geography/GIS with a minor ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: An old easement, two surveyors, a couple of attorneys...and a title company

Slander of title is no joke as it is easier to prove and collect damages from than professional negligence.?ÿ I show the encroachment or adverse claim...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring Ring

NC seems to have a happy medium by requiring all subdivision plats to be recorded but not requiring the same for retracements.?ÿ I am not an advocate ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring Ring

In Maine a PLS is bound by surveyor client confidentiality: ?ÿ ?ÿ ?ÿA licensee shall not reveal information which has been designated as confidential?...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Selling a previous survey

Does the client that purchased a survey have the ability to resell the plat of survey assuming that he changes nothing and marks it "Copy"??ÿ If the c...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Selling a previous survey

This is basic ethics.?ÿ It is unethical to charge Client-A $1000 for a boundary then charge the owner abutting Client-A a discounted price just becaus...

8 years ago
Page 42 / 48