AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Wanted: GPM3 Parallel Plate Micrometer

I am not sure when they started to carry the Leica label. The level I am using was purchased new in 1985 and is definetely not the older style despite...

8 years ago
Forum
Topic
Forum
Replies: 2
Views: 1081
Reply
RE: Recording experience for SIT

I jotted mine down in a field book.?ÿ Last I knew, Vermont had one of the most all encompassing breakdowns of time.?ÿ Take a look at their Land Survey...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Crew Billing

It depends on the two man robot crew. In my late twenties, I and another fella, similar in age, worked with an Allegro DC running Carlson SurvCE with ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Machine Control Models

Why don't you take advantage of a strong economy and get a job surveying for a company that provides machine control to contractors??ÿ As a constructi...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting up Trimble Controller

There might be a way to convert it easily, but I never figured it out.?ÿ I had to use Trimble's Feature Code Manager.?ÿ You can get it from a Trimble ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Blatant encroachment discovered before closing

"'Why has our profession ignored them for so long?'?ÿ Because the focus of our profession is on precision measurement." I agree, but the question then...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Does Civil 3D provide value to the typical surveyor?

There is no true conversion. Basically you would just need export a LandXML (for rebuilding your surface) and your linework and, depending on your met...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Does Civil 3D provide value to the typical surveyor?

Carlson was designed for surveyors.?ÿ C3D was designed for engineers.?ÿ If you do more surveying than engineering design, go with Carlson.?ÿ If you ha...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Surveyor 2 Users

I use a Carlson Surveyor 2 and I wish I got the camera option.?ÿ The company I work for eventually purchased a Trimble TSC3, to be used with a Trimble...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: WILD LEICA GPM3 Planoparellel Plate Micrometer $800obo

Is this still available for purchase??ÿ I just sent you my contact info if it is.

8 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Building Monitoring or Measuring .005' Vertical

Thanks for the input. I was too optimistic in thinking that I would get to walk the site today. I am at the mercy of three site managers but I was abl...

8 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: How far would you level a benchmark into a site

I've been pleasantly surprised at how well I close vertically with my Leica TS-12 Robot.?ÿ I've now checked it in just about every conceivable way: NC...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Manhole Depth Measurement

I'm probably kicking a dead horse here since many have already mentioned that you shouldn't go in manholes, but it is good to know why it is dangerous...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Reciprocity and PR licensing

Don't be lulled into complacency just because most states accept FS and PS results. The devil is in the details of the requirements to apply to sit fo...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Manhole Depth Measurement

I've done a few Sewer Asset Inventory and Assessment (AIA) as well as many miles of route surveys for new and rehab sewer projects?ÿ I've also had the...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: And on philosophy....

Perfect is the enemy of good.?ÿ "Happy the land that has no history".

8 years ago
Page 41 / 48