AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: North Carolina Water Boundary???

Search for the thread "New Definition of Navigable Water" NC v Alcoa Power Generating, Inc. just upended the traditional metric used for determining n...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Which deed do I refer to?

The standard in NC is to label the most recent deed.?ÿ However, the question I ask myself when creating any plat is, "What recorded documents helped m...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Offset Left or Right?

Using SurvCE, I measure then take and record my offset. I then press alt+F which instantly turns off all points, except the last stored point, on the ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Surveyors 2 and Leica TS 12

One good thing about the Surveyor 2 with LRB is the battery life. I could probably get three days out of one charge.?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Surveyors 2 and Leica TS 12

I just deal with it. If it is a tight shot in dense vegetation, I usually have to remove the DC from the rod and place it on top of or close to the pr...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Surveyors 2 and Leica TS 12

I have the same setup. Long range Bluetooth is your problem and there is no solution other than purchasing a DC with a built-in radio.?ÿ ?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Multiple Points, Same Coordinates

Attribute tables can easily be split in GIS software and maybe even TBC.?ÿ Take one shot in the field and have a long list of attributes that are arra...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: New Definition of Navigable Waterway

Point taken.?ÿ My surveying career has been limited to the colonies.?ÿ In Maine, the rough test was whether or not the brook could be used to float ti...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: New Definition of Navigable Waterway

Posted by: aliquot There is no new definition of navigability in this case. This case is about the federal definition of navigability. Not the North C...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 36
Views: 1821
Reply
RE: Cost to survey?

$2,000 minimum, more likely $3000 for a boundary survey and plat.?ÿ I avoid mortgage surveys like the plague. I have sympathy for residential homeowne...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Topographic survey equipment suggestion

I have staked foundations in the NC mountains. Don't do it yourself. Add the cost of the survey to your total price and explain to your client that ev...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Two Differing Elevation Certificates

I use OPUS but I like to have a four hour static session.?ÿ ?ÿI can tell you that in North Carolina, home to the most accurate flood maps in the Unite...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 814
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 395
Reply
RE: Legal Easement?

Posted by: Dallas Morlan Posted by: Murphy I would not involve attorneys unless I discovered evidence that Jones was aware that the driveway was parti...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Easement?

Given the facts presented, I would survey Smith's land and locate the entire length of the encroaching road then delineate an appropriate easement to ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Nodal Point Prisms and robots

A combination of a closed control network and reflective targets?ÿ worked for me on a building monitoring project. I've about given up on trying to pr...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: "Can I ask why?"

You made the right decision. I've grown to expect clients to withhold information from me, but straight up lying is unacceptable. ?ÿ I wonder if peopl...

9 years ago
Page 43 / 48