AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Hi from Maine

Good to hear from another Mainer.?ÿ I grew up near Lovell, Maine before moving around the country a bit and settling in North Carolina. Does Maine ha...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Man sues NC Survey Board after being issued cease and desist for flying drone

@fairbanksls I feel the same way concerning the title of PLS.?ÿ It doesn't seem right to call oneself a professional.?ÿ I grew up believing that prof...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS

?ÿ I helped someone get a variance by assembling screen shots of distances measured off the local GIS.?ÿ?ÿ What is preventing you from writing a bri...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Man sues NC Survey Board after being issued cease and desist for flying drone

It would be overreach in most states but not NC. NC has a long history of quality public planning.?ÿ It was, after all, an NC engineer who conceived ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: FBK and Civil3D database corruption

I use Trimble for all my GNSS work, Leica for TS, Star*Net for corrections, then create a txt file from Star*Net that I import into C3D.?ÿ?ÿ I tried ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Man sues NC Survey Board after being issued cease and desist for flying drone

I suppose Michael's success will in large part depend on how much money he has or can collect from others with similar interests.?ÿ Their myopic focu...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Reviewers

Have a secretary or your wife or anyone who has no emotional attachment to the plat record it for you.?ÿ There's no need for you to waste time dealing...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Home Owners Association Bizare stories

It's interesting that HOAs existed long before zoning.?ÿ The desire for conformity (and/or exclusion) is strong amongst a large number of folks.?ÿ Gr...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Pipe Diameter

@bstrand It depends on the project and the overall experience of the crew.?ÿ If inexperienced, I'll default to telling them offsets to inverts are ok...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: The Monument That Wasn't

We need to concede that we lost the war with coyotes.?ÿ Dan Flores wrote an incredibly detailed history of the coyote, Coyote America, that among many...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Pipe Diameter

I just label OD or ID and put spell it out in my legend along with Below Grade and Above Grade: Found Pipe 1inch OD BG 0.4feet.?ÿ?ÿ NC requires that ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Written Vehicle Policy

Our great insurance overlords just decreed that all our vehicles must have a GPS tracker.?ÿ I don't like it, mostly because I view insurance as the or...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: True Point of...

@holy-cow GPS isn't required but it definitely saves time.?ÿ The rule doesn't require SPCs on the POB, only that one corner be tied to a benchmark.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: True Point of...

I've grown to appreciate North Carolina's requirement that all surveys be tied to a benchmark if there's a benchmark within 2000' of the subject parce...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: The potential survey is more expensive than the land being surveyed

@jim-in-az As I said above: "there are a few recording states that haven't exploited the purchasers of surveys but I have faith that they will event...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: The potential survey is more expensive than the land being surveyed

@dms330 From what I can tell, it is mostly a gotcha.?ÿ Once a state decides to mandate the recording of all surveys, it is only a matter of time befo...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Line Adjustment

In NC it would likely be a recombination.?ÿ I would label the land to be conveyed as Tract-A and make sure that your client gets a description for a q...

6 years ago
Page 30 / 48